Deposit on Full Scholarships? Reimbursed later?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Aquila

Deposit on Full Scholarships? Reimbursed later?

Postby Aquila » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:49 pm

If you received a scholarship that is for FULL-Tuition( not a given dollar amount) do you get reimbursed for the deposit after you pay your deposit? Otherwise, where does that money go... misc fees?

butlerraider1

Re: Deposit on Full Scholarships? Reimbursed later?

Postby butlerraider1 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:00 pm

it might depend on the school, but I came on a full tuition scholarship and was reimbursed for my deposit once I enrolled.

irishamerican

Postby irishamerican » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:06 pm

Very well might depend on the school, but a few of the full ride scholarships I've gotten have come with a message that explicitly said the deposits would be reimbursed after being applied to any outstanding fees. Since "full tuition" doesn't usually include the student/technology/etc fees, I assume most schools deduct those amounts and then reimburse.

RCSOB657

Postby RCSOB657 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:13 pm

irishamerican wrote:Very well might depend on the school, but a few of the full ride scholarships I've gotten have come with a message that explicitly said the deposits would be reimbursed after being applied to any outstanding fees. Since "full tuition" doesn't usually include the student/technology/etc fees, I assume most schools deduct those amounts and then reimburse.

^

Mack.Hambleton

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:35 pm

irishamerican wrote:Very well might depend on the school, but a few of the full ride scholarships I've gotten have come with a message that explicitly said the deposits would be reimbursed after being applied to any outstanding fees. Since "full tuition" doesn't usually include the student/technology/etc fees, I assume most schools deduct those amounts and then reimburse.

A lot of T14 full rides are tuition plus fees

RCSOB657

Postby RCSOB657 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:48 am

Mack.Hambleton wrote:

Okay, but does that full ride include housing? That's part of the COA, your deposit will go there.

Mack.Hambleton

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:56 am

RCSOB657 wrote:
Mack.Hambleton wrote:

Okay, but does that full ride include housing? That's part of the COA, your deposit will go there.

Wut how would the money get there. They gonna send a check to your landlord?

RCSOB657

Postby RCSOB657 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:01 am

Fund dispersal two weeks after school starts for most people, pretty much the same as 99% of any undergrad? The money you floated for the first month's living expenses are now joined by the living expenses part of your financial aid package. You can pay out of pocket, sure but if you don't (or cannot) and decide to use FINAID funds like loans or whatever to fund the LE part (which is usually not covered by even Full Tuition Scholarships), then the deposit will be credited towards how much you take out. Extra money paid - Loans for LE, thus you're on the hook for a little less money than if you were to use loans to cover the whole thing.

If your entire fees, tuition, housing, and boarding are covered by a scholarship; well then huzzah to you brah. If that's the case, they will refund your overage at that same dispersal time frame.
Last edited by RCSOB657 on Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:13 am

Mack.Hambleton wrote:
RCSOB657 wrote:
Mack.Hambleton wrote:

Wut how would the money get there. They gonna send a check to your landlord?

lol seriously.

Return to “Law School FAQ”