Yale the only one where you need more than a high LSAT/GPA?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
JCDante

Yale the only one where you need more than a high LSAT/GPA?

Postby JCDante » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:18 am

Pretty much all schools just expect a high LSAT/GPA right? I've been told a 180 LSAT/4.0 GPA can get you anywhere, but you could potentially get rejected at Yale since they also view ECs highly (something greater than softs). Is this true? This means that all other law schools are fairly predictable, and it's just Yale that has this extra dimension beyond numbers, correct?

KissMyAxe

Re: Yale the only one where you need more than a high LSAT/GPA?

Postby KissMyAxe » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:24 am

It's somewhat true. High numbers alone definitely can't land you Yale (as this year's rejections on LSN will show you), although I'd still say the odds are with you at Yale with a perfect GPA/LSAT even with average softs. Berkeley also has a more holistic process than other schools, and Stanford loves most really high GPAs but apparently cares about softs a little. I'd say outside of those three, numbers can be fairly predictive.

Mack.Hambleton

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:01 pm

I would add Stanford although both will take very high numbers including KJDs as well

ChemEng1642

Postby ChemEng1642 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:36 pm

I would also add in something about Yield Protect. With incredibly high numbers that can be kind of a crapshoot.

Return to “Law School FAQ”