Rutgers Law Merger Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
lawschoolstud23

New

Rutgers Law Merger

Post by lawschoolstud23 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:36 pm

Do any current students have information regarding the merger between Rutgers-Newark and Rutgers-Camden?

nick417

Bronze

Re: Rutgers Law Merger

Post by nick417 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:49 pm

The schools have petitioned the ABA to allow them to merge. The ABA visited each school recently and will make its decision in June whether to allow the merger or not. It is more than likely the merger will go through and the law schools are currently operating as if the merger will go through. The main journal at each schools combined this past year to form the Rutgers Law Journal. So the main journal is functioning as if the schools are merged. Also, both schools have rooms set up where you can be at one campus while the class is being taught by a professor at the other campus. I think 3-4 classes are set up like that right now. Baring an unforeseen thing by the ABA, Rutgers will be one law school with two campuses.

lawschoolstud23

New

Post by lawschoolstud23 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:11 pm

Thank you

rwhyAn

Bronze

Post by rwhyAn » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:11 pm

I think the merger will most likely be in name only, and maybe they'll slowly shed some administrators through attrition. To me, it's pointless having duplicate deanships, etc. I think it will have only a minimal impact on the students. The schools are still separated by 90 miles, and you're still going to want to choose the campus depending on whichever market you prefer. I'm currently a 1LE in Newark, so if anyone has any questions about the Newark school, feel free to PM me.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”