requirement is a JD from ivy league? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
tlsletsgo4

New

requirement is a JD from ivy league?

Post by tlsletsgo4 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:18 pm

I was looking at a job posting and I've never seen a company that specifically required a diploma from an ivy league. Is this done often?

Here is the posting:
I’m hoping that you might be able to assist me with a position that we’re trying to fill for one of our top corporate clients. If you know an attorney that wants an out-of-the-box opportunity in a non-traditional role, please pass this along!

The Founder and CEO of our client’s company is seeking a right-arm assistant. The person in this unique role will essentially function as the Chief of Staff for the organization. Responsibilities will include attending meetings with the CEO, reviewing contracts, vetting agreements for engagements, researching various topics of interest, and presenting findings.

Requirements for the position include a J.D. from an Ivy League school and at least two years of experience in litigation. The right candidate for the role MUST be flexible for extensive overtime and travel, much of which is at the last minute. The company offers a very competitive salary, generous benefits, and fast-paced work environment.

GreenEggs

Gold

Re: requirement is a JD from ivy league?

Post by GreenEggs » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:21 pm

tlsletsgo4 wrote:I was looking at a job posting and I've never seen a company that specifically required a diploma from an ivy league. Is this done often?

Here is the posting:
I’m hoping that you might be able to assist me with a position that we’re trying to fill for one of our top corporate clients. If you know an attorney that wants an out-of-the-box opportunity in a non-traditional role, please pass this along!

The Founder and CEO of our client’s company is seeking a right-arm assistant. The person in this unique role will essentially function as the Chief of Staff for the organization. Responsibilities will include attending meetings with the CEO, reviewing contracts, vetting agreements for engagements, researching various topics of interest, and presenting findings.

Requirements for the position include a J.D. from an Ivy League school and at least two years of experience in litigation. The right candidate for the role MUST be flexible for extensive overtime and travel, much of which is at the last minute. The company offers a very competitive salary, generous benefits, and fast-paced work environment.
Is this a foreign job posting?
Last edited by GreenEggs on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

swampman

Bronze

Post by swampman » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:22 pm

And two years experience in litigation, despite the fact that the job has literally nothing to do with litigation.

TheodoreKGB

Bronze

Post by TheodoreKGB » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:22 pm

Last edited by TheodoreKGB on Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

schmelling

Silver

Post removed.

Post by schmelling » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:25 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hdunlop

Bronze

Post by hdunlop » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:29 pm

An out of the box opportunity.

mvp99

Silver

Post by mvp99 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:37 pm

schmelling wrote:this position is to be somebody's concigliere. Consider whether or not you would be willing to practice "organized crime law" before applying.

PROS: excellent pay, and your work is appreciated (privately)

CONS: there is really only one exit opportunity, and you're not going to like it.
the crime org is not going to last very long anyway if they are hiring strangers for top level positions

PB&J.D.

Bronze

Post by PB&J.D. » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:38 pm

Last edited by PB&J.D. on Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tlsletsgo4

New

Post by tlsletsgo4 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:49 pm

Am I allowed to post which company the posting was from?

If this is a problem, I'll delete it

http://www.trakcompanies.com

And what was even more laughable was that the recruiter graduated from a non-ivy ( not even comparable! Shocking from a company that requires a diploma from an ivy league)

lacrossebrother

Platinum

Post by lacrossebrother » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:55 pm

this is spam. trak is a head hunting firm with a legal arm.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Ask a Law Student”