Best Options for Schools That Accept a June 2015 LSAT? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
downbeat14

Silver

Re: Best Options for Schools That Accept a June 2015 LSAT?

Post by downbeat14 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:41 pm

Last edited by downbeat14 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AReasonableMan

Gold

Post by AReasonableMan » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:11 am

It would be smarter to apply before the app expires, and let the schools know you are retaking in June so you get waitlisted instead of rejected, then if they had room you would get in.

nv93

Bronze

Post by nv93 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:00 pm

AReasonableMan wrote:It would be smarter to apply before the app expires, and let the schools know you are retaking in June so you get waitlisted instead of rejected, then if they had room you would get in.
That's the plan. I mean I felt like I did okay on the Feb LSAT. Reading Comp was a problem for me since I didn't practice difficult RC sections. I mean the suspense is brutal right now since I am just working on my personal statement and various different essays for respective schools.

As for the previous poster that said UCLA, that would involve closer to a 167-169, no?

I think I'll take my chances with this cycle and transfer out if necessary.

AReasonableMan

Gold

Post by AReasonableMan » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:06 pm

nv93 wrote:
AReasonableMan wrote:It would be smarter to apply before the app expires, and let the schools know you are retaking in June so you get waitlisted instead of rejected, then if they had room you would get in.
That's the plan. I mean I felt like I did okay on the Feb LSAT. Reading Comp was a problem for me since I didn't practice difficult RC sections. I mean the suspense is brutal right now since I am just working on my personal statement and various different essays for respective schools.

As for the previous poster that said UCLA, that would involve closer to a 167-169, no?

I consistently got perfect LG and LR sections, and never had a perfect RC section. When I first started studying I was at like -15 and even after lots of practice the best I could do was like -5. After 1L when I was still tutoring to bring in part time income, I once prepped a section for a lesson and got -0 in about 25 minutes. I never really read before law school, and I think the brain adapts once you start reading lots every day.

nv93

Bronze

Post by nv93 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:13 pm

AReasonableMan wrote:
nv93 wrote:

I consistently got perfect LG and LR sections, and never had a perfect RC section. When I first started studying I was at like -15 and even after lots of practice the best I could do was like -5. After 1L when I was still tutoring to bring in part time income, I once prepped a section for a lesson and got -0 in about 25 minutes. I never really read before law school, and I think the brain adapts once you start reading lots every day.
Yeah, that shows you developed a habit, which we are creatures of. I am so nervous about the test score since it can mean the difference between being at Miami vs going to Iowa or UNC. It's nice that schools are slowly waning down the LSAT. It really is a test that cannot indicate success because I know people that squeaked into Miami or FIU and have respectable positions now.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”