Question on scholarships

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
storpappa

Question on scholarships

Postby storpappa » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:38 pm

Going to an out of state school, if you get offered the differential, it brings your rate down to the in state rate.

For example, in state is 25k, out of state is 40k.

Is the differential a 15k or 45k scholarship to report here or on LSN?
Or not at all, since someone with my gpa/lsat range might thing I got a scholarship reducing the tuition costs from 25k a year to 10k a year, a rather significant 60% scholarship

I am sure its answered already, but isn't it assumed that you would spend 1L as an out of state, and acquire state residency for 2L and 3L, or is that assuming to much?

I know what I am getting offered, but in compared my apples to your oranges, I wonder what is the norm for the differential offers

Attax

Re: Question on scholarships

Postby Attax » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:24 pm

Some schools offer an in-state waiver. I know UT does. Reporting it is just however you want. Some people say $xx/year, many on LSN post for how much over three years however. Some places you can get residency after one year, but I'm not sure which schools are included in that list.

ChemEng1642

Postby ChemEng1642 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:06 pm

Is there somewhere on LSN that you can list in-state? I imagine that would help you understand their scholarship amounts quite a bit

cron1834

Postby cron1834 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:47 am

storpappa wrote:Going to an out of state school, if you get offered the differential, it brings your rate down to the in state rate.

For example, in state is 25k, out of state is 40k.

Is the differential a 15k or 45k scholarship to report here or on LSN?
Or not at all, since someone with my gpa/lsat range might thing I got a scholarship reducing the tuition costs from 25k a year to 10k a year, a rather significant 60% scholarship

I am sure its answered already, but isn't it assumed that you would spend 1L as an out of state, and acquire state residency for 2L and 3L, or is that assuming to much?

I know what I am getting offered, but in compared my apples to your oranges, I wonder what is the norm for the differential offers

I would read that as effectively $15k/yr x 3 yrs = $45k for LSN.

Return to “Law School FAQ”