Question about LSAC grading Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
sarcasticbug

New

Question about LSAC grading

Post by sarcasticbug » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:23 pm

1). I have taken the LSAT twice, recently, first score - 169, second score - 176

2). I am getting ready to submit transcripts to LSAC to calculate my absolute gpa. I have been in school 8 years and when I calculated it myself counting every visible grade on transcript it will be a 3.3, since I have some D's and F's scattered around.

My question about LSAC grading is...

- I know they only use your LSAC gpa for admissions, (which overall should be 3.3), but they also say they calculate a gpa for each year. So, what if you have a 3.3 LSAC gpa overall, but some years your gpa is low (1.5ish) since they tabulate one for each year? Is it the overall LSAC gpa that is used for admission decisions, or do they give emphasis to what it is, each year?

Rigo

Diamond

Re: Question about LSAC grading

Post by Rigo » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:18 pm

sarcasticbug wrote:the overall LSAC gpa ... is used for admission decisions
This.
Awesome job on the LSAT, btw.

k5220

Bronze

Re: Question about LSAC grading

Post by k5220 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:23 am

schools will see the trend in your grades and may factor that in, but a 3.3 is what they have to report to usnwr so this is the number they really care about unfortunately

(but similarly, they only have to report your 176, and so this is the only number they will really care about for your lsat score)

Return to “Ask a Law Student”