Worth going to Miami Law Fair? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
waterandparchedearth

New

Worth going to Miami Law Fair?

Post by waterandparchedearth » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:51 pm

Was hoping to source opinions, ideally from those who have attended similar events. The Miami Law Forum is this weekend and a large number of schools I'm hoping to apply to are attending (NYU, UVA, Michigan, Chicago, etc.) and since I've heard there are fee waivers offered at times, I'm tempted to go. However, I'm also studying for the December LSAT and aiming for the mid/high 170s so I'm wondering if my time would be better spent studying.

Any thoughts? Will schools of that caliber generally give out fee waivers at these types of events or am I better off waiting until after the LSAT and just hoping to get waivers through that?

tortsandtiaras

Bronze

Re: Worth going to Miami Law Fair?

Post by tortsandtiaras » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:51 pm

waterandparchedearth wrote:Was hoping to source opinions, ideally from those who have attended similar events. The Miami Law Forum is this weekend and a large number of schools I'm hoping to apply to are attending (NYU, UVA, Michigan, Chicago, etc.) and since I've heard there are fee waivers offered at times, I'm tempted to go. However, I'm also studying for the December LSAT and aiming for the mid/high 170s so I'm wondering if my time would be better spent studying.

Any thoughts? Will schools of that caliber generally give out fee waivers at these types of events or am I better off waiting until after the LSAT and just hoping to get waivers through that?
I will be going! I went last year and it was absolutely worth it. Many schools give out fee waivers.

Return to “Ask a Law Student”