Application Timeframe Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
LeeAllen

Bronze

Application Timeframe

Post by LeeAllen » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:17 pm

Right now, I'm a senior with average softs and a 3.79 GPA. I'm taking the September LSAT, and given that all my PT's are currently 172-176, I'm guessing that with another two months prep I have a good shot at getting a 174+.

My dream school is Stanford, but my GPA would be somewhere just slightly above their 25th percentile. Would it be better to wait to apply until December after I bring my GPA up to ~3.80-3.82 (assuming that happens), or, am I better off just applying at the end of October? Is it too much of a risk to wait 1-2 months to apply in order to get a slight GPA boost?

This question is specifically for Stanford's application. I'm not going to wait to send in my other apps.

Nebby

Diamond

Re: Application Timeframe

Post by Nebby » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:20 am

Well, I would recommend not counting your chickens before taking the LSAT.

But assuming you do get 170+, then you should apply in October. As soon as your Fall Semester 2014 grades are in submit an updated transcript to LSAC and they will update your ASR and sent the new one to Stanford.

sprinky07

New

Re: Application Timeframe

Post by sprinky07 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:55 pm

CounselorNebby wrote:Well, I would recommend not counting your chickens before taking the LSAT.

But assuming you do get 170+, then you should apply in October. As soon as your Fall Semester 2014 grades are in submit an updated transcript to LSAC and they will update your ASR and sent the new one to Stanford.
Spot on advice. OP: Not to discourage you, but I was testing in the same range and ended up with a 166 on the June exam.

Return to “Ask a Law Student”