Quick LSAC GPA Question Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Hat Trick

New

Quick LSAC GPA Question

Post by Hat Trick » Mon May 12, 2014 7:01 pm

A course at my school is worth 4 credits. However, my transcript doesn't list the number of credits that a course is worth. Instead, my transcript says "1 course unit" for every course that I take. Over the summer, I will be taking several courses at my local community college. Each course will be worth 3 credits. My question is: Will LSAC weigh these courses differently when calculating my GPA? That is, will they give greater weight to the 4 credit courses than the 3 credit ones? I initially thought that they wouldn't, because my transcript doesn't indicate that courses at my four-year institution are worth an extra credit than courses at my community college. But does LSAC have a record of how many credits a course is worth at every college?

Thanks in advance.

Nebby

Diamond

Re: Quick LSAC GPA Question

Post by Nebby » Mon May 12, 2014 7:06 pm

You'll have to contact lsac. But I assume your official transcript must list that the courses are 4 credit hours. Doesn't make sense that they'd not include the most standard part of a transcript.

Hat Trick

New

Post by Hat Trick » Mon May 12, 2014 7:09 pm

I'm looking at my transcript now, and I don't see any mentioning of credits. It refers to only "course units," and lists every course as counting as 1 course unit.

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Mon May 12, 2014 7:13 pm

LSAC should be able to take care of it. They probably have a cheat sheet for the myriad of different schools and grading schemes they have come through.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”