Transferring to a top 10 or a top 20 law school? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
patogordo

Gold

Re: Transferring to a top 10 or a top 20 law school?

Post by patogordo » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:53 pm

reasonable_man wrote:
lawschool111 wrote:
reasonable_man wrote:Also keep in mind that even if you somehow best all of the other reasonably intelligent people in your section you have to hope that your professors submit their grades on time and that you are able to get a letter of rec from a professor. These things often do not happen on time and can make transferring very difficult - even if you somehow manage to get the right grades.
So let's do this. I'll make you a real bet right now. $50 says you are not in the top 5% of your class at the end if the year. You want in?
Let's raise the bet to a few grand
I'm practicing for 6 years pal - you're not going to scare me off by raising the stakes.
but he has access to unlimited student loan debt that he naively believes to be consequence free. you can't compete with that.

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:56 pm

this thread is ridiculous on too many fronts.

1) don't attend a school planning to transfer. just too many variables.

2) lol at the transfer social pariah theory. there are, gasp, other transfers, which creates a natural community, and really havent seen any of this hostility from the general population of which Fenton speaks.

reasonable_man

Gold

Post by reasonable_man » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:56 pm

patogordo wrote:
reasonable_man wrote:
lawschool111 wrote:
reasonable_man wrote:Also keep in mind that even if you somehow best all of the other reasonably intelligent people in your section you have to hope that your professors submit their grades on time and that you are able to get a letter of rec from a professor. These things often do not happen on time and can make transferring very difficult - even if you somehow manage to get the right grades.
So let's do this. I'll make you a real bet right now. $50 says you are not in the top 5% of your class at the end if the year. You want in?
Let's raise the bet to a few grand
I'm practicing for 6 years pal - you're not going to scare me off by raising the stakes.
but he has access to unlimited student loan debt that he naively believes to be consequence free. you can't compete with that.
I did fail to take that into consideration.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”