FL Schools - Barry vs. Stetson Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
AllysonM

New

FL Schools - Barry vs. Stetson

Post by AllysonM » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:36 pm

I have a 3.5 UGPA overall but returned to school after 20 years with an imported 2.15. My GPA over past 3 years is at 3.85. I'm not sure which score schools will place more weight on. I'm pretty sure I'm in top 10% (if not 5%) of my graduating class (May 2014). I'm also a final contender for Outstanding Student of the Year (Criminology), Secretary of Criminology Club and Founder/VP of Debate Club. I am a non-traditional student (41 years old, single mother)

I took Feb LSAT and am awaiting scores. I'd like to apply to T14 schools (Georgetown is 1st choice) but am not sure my LSAT score will be high enough. Also, extenuating circumstances may keep me in this area (in place custody agreement with ex not wanting me to take kids out of state). What are your thoughts on these two schools, as well as my chances of getting in? Also, should I retake in June and shoot for the moon (T14) or just settle for TTTT school? Advice please!! Thanks!!

BigZuck

Diamond

Re: FL Schools - Barry vs. Stetson

Post by BigZuck » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:40 pm

What is your gpa as calculated by LSAC?

I'm confused are you stuck in Florida or not?

Both those schools are not good (Barry in particular should be shut down). If you have to stay in Florida and can't go to the University of Florida, FSU, or Miami for cheap (like 60Kish debt total) then just don't go to law school.

AllysonM

New

Post by AllysonM » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:54 pm

Well technically I'm not STUCK as I can probably attain a relocation order from the judge, especially if I get accepted into a T14 school. My LSAC GPA hasn't been calculated yet. I just added institution info and it is in processing stage.

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:57 pm

When lsac calculates your gpa you can play around with http://www.mylsn.info to figure out your chances. T14s are great depending on what you want to do with your law degree. If you take away anything from this thread let it be this: don't go to a school in FL not named, Florida, FSU, or Miami.

cron1834

Gold

Post by cron1834 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:57 pm

Possible troll.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”