Procedure for sitting out a cycle

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
rftdd888

Procedure for sitting out a cycle

Postby rftdd888 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:05 pm

I have decided not to apply late (January) for this cycle and instead I'm going to keep my job and local commitments for another year and apply early (October) for next cycle. With that in mind, my questions are:

1) is there anything I need to do on lsac.org to tell their system I'm now a class of 2018 applicant? Like, so they know to send me emails and fee waivers in the next cycle. Which leads to my next question

2) will I get fee waivers next cycle in the CRS system similar to this cycle? I got a lot of good fee waivers this cycle and hope I get them again in the fall.

Thanks guys and gals

Optimist Prime

Re: Procedure for sitting out a cycle

Postby Optimist Prime » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:10 pm

Last edited by Optimist Prime on Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:22 pm

You can change your cycle with LSAC.

Profile-CRS-CRS Preferences

rftdd888

Postby rftdd888 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:49 pm

Optimist Prime wrote:You don't need to do anything or tell LSAC anything.

Next cycle you will need to click the CRS button again next year and should receive the same fee waivers etc. If for some reason that doesn't work you can call LSAC's support line. The people there are intelligent and helpful and will be able to fix any problem that arises.

Have you considered retaking the LSAT with some of that extra time? Almost always a good thing to consider.

I have. I have a 3.75/167, trying to retake in October for a 170+. I want money from Penn hopefully or a similar school

Thank both of you!

Return to “Law School FAQ”