Question about GPA Undergrad & Graduate School

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
User avatar
MT Cicero
Posts: 574
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: Question about GPA Undergrad & Graduate School

Postby MT Cicero » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:42 pm

At what point did this statement:
Legacy Rabbit wrote:Regardless, a Columbia app with a master's degree and a 169+ LSAT is quite competitive.


become this:

Legacy Rabbit wrote:You are stating a definite no, while I am saying it is a possibility


?

User avatar
Legacy Rabbit
Posts: 244
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:52 pm

Re: Question about GPA Undergrad & Graduate School

Postby Legacy Rabbit » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:45 pm

Max324 wrote:Legacy is making the claim that 2.8/169 + masters is "competitive" for Columbia. As the one making the claim, he/she has the burden of proof. Why are we arguing things that have been settled for millennia?

I'm suspecting troll as well. Maybe John1990 is evading his ban with an alt?


First, I said the application as a whole. And, to add to this, the OP initially stated a strong desire for Columbia.
You can stalk all you want. Like I have been saying to everyone, prove it has never been done.

03152016
Posts: 9189
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 am

Re: Question about GPA Undergrad & Graduate School

Postby 03152016 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:47 pm

Legacy Rabbit wrote:Adcomms will review the LSAT, we know this. If the LSAT fits the median, they continue. Again, all I am stating is that there is a possibility. No one on this board has even reviewed the application. It is presumptive to jump with such little info. Certainty is not 100 percent / non definitive.

Which is it? Are you arguing that 2.8/169 + masters is "competitive", or are you saying it's not an absolute certainty the app is rejected?

Also:
Max324 wrote:Legacy is making the claim that 2.8/169 + masters is "competitive" for Columbia. As the one making the claim, he/she has the burden of proof. Why are we arguing things that have been settled for millennia?


Also:
Legacy Rabbit wrote:First, I said the application as a whole. And, to add to this, the OP initially stated a strong desire for Columbia.
You can stalk all you want. Like I have been saying to everyone, prove it has never been done.

I now strongly suspect you are John1990's alt. Very similar writing style, very similar style of argumentation, similar inability to grasp basic facts and make coherent arguments.

User avatar
Legacy Rabbit
Posts: 244
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:52 pm

Re: Question about GPA Undergrad & Graduate School

Postby Legacy Rabbit » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:48 pm

Soco Law wrote:At what point did this statement:
Legacy Rabbit wrote:Regardless, a Columbia app with a master's degree and a 169+ LSAT is quite competitive.


become this:

Legacy Rabbit wrote:You are stating a definite no, while I am saying it is a possibility


?


and your point. Since you want to cut and paste. Please dictate how any of my statements contradict. Neither of my statements are definitive. What about the word "competitive" means definite admissions into Columbia?

User avatar
Legacy Rabbit
Posts: 244
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:52 pm

Re: Question about GPA Undergrad & Graduate School

Postby Legacy Rabbit » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:51 pm

Max324 wrote:
Legacy Rabbit wrote:Adcomms will review the LSAT, we know this. If the LSAT fits the median, they continue. Again, all I am stating is that there is a possibility. No one on this board has even reviewed the application. It is presumptive to jump with such little info. Certainty is not 100 percent / non definitive.

Which is it? Are you arguing that 2.8/169 + masters is "competitive", or are you saying it's not an absolute certainty the app is rejected?

Also:
Max324 wrote:Legacy is making the claim that 2.8/169 + masters is "competitive" for Columbia. As the one making the claim, he/she has the burden of proof. Why are we arguing things that have been settled for millennia?


Also:
Legacy Rabbit wrote:First, I said the application as a whole. And, to add to this, the OP initially stated a strong desire for Columbia.
You can stalk all you want. Like I have been saying to everyone, prove it has never been done.

I now strongly suspect you are John1990's alt. Very similar writing style, very similar style of argumentation, similar inability to grasp basic facts and make coherent arguments.


You need to step back from TLS for at least a day. If you know that much about a poster's writing style, similar style of argumentation, you are spending way to much time on this blog. Take a break stalker.

03152016
Posts: 9189
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 am

Re: Question about GPA Undergrad & Graduate School

Postby 03152016 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:53 pm

Legacy Rabbit wrote:
Soco Law wrote:At what point did this statement:
Legacy Rabbit wrote:Regardless, a Columbia app with a master's degree and a 169+ LSAT is quite competitive.


become this:

Legacy Rabbit wrote:You are stating a definite no, while I am saying it is a possibility


?


and your point. Since you want to cut and paste. Please dictate how any of my statements contradict. Neither of my statements are definitive. What about the word "competitive" means definite admissions into Columbia?

Straw man. No one is trying to frame your argument as you're suggesting. Soco is pointing out that you've moved the goalposts by shifting your argument from "these numbers are competitive" to "these numbers aren't auto-reject". You hoped no one would notice, we all did because we're not idiots, let's all accept the fact that you don't have a valid argument and move on with our lives.

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse
Posts: 22892
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: Question about GPA Undergrad & Graduate School

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:53 pm

Legacy Rabbit, stop displaying your ignorance by calling TLS a blog and ad hominem-ing people's arguments by suggesting the amount of time they spend here has anything to do with the quality of their advice.

User avatar
kalvano
Posts: 11728
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:24 am

Re: Question about GPA Undergrad & Graduate School

Postby kalvano » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:46 pm

Legacy Rabbit wrote:Take a break stalker.


john1990 wrote:Thats not healthy you need to stop stalking me man. Move on


john1990 wrote:why don't you stop obsessing over me its f'ed up


john1990 wrote:its fuckobvious.

User avatar
sandwich
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:11 pm

Re: Question about GPA Undergrad & Graduate School

Postby sandwich » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:45 pm

Poor OP. Dude/ette just wanted a nice quick answer...


My two cents? Your GPA will hold you down for sure, assuming you get a killer LSAT and you take "holding you down" to mean "ending up at a great school, but not as great as your LSAT would suggest". I mean, it's also possible (not trying to be insulting, I just don't know you) that your LSAT will be the thing holding you down!

Can I ask, what is your LSAC-calculated GPA? I think your move right now is to study your tail off for that June LSAT and give up on this cycle. If you're not 100% ready in june, skip it. Really, really, really shoot for that 180!

User avatar
midwest17
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: Question about GPA Undergrad & Graduate School

Postby midwest17 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:41 pm

I'm inclined to think this is john, except most of john's alts are also named john.

What was john banned for? Something specific, or just BOW?

03152016
Posts: 9189
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:14 am

Re: Question about GPA Undergrad & Graduate School

Postby 03152016 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:18 pm

midwest17 wrote:I'm inclined to think this is john, except most of john's alts are also named john.

What was john banned for? Something specific, or just BOW?

He used "gay" as a pejorative in the lounge.

OP, as twenty said before, NU is your best bet. Start hitting the books, you'll need 170+.

http://mylsn.info/dispresults.php?sk=3e ... rthwestern
http://mylsn.info/dispresults.php?sk=3e83so&school=uva

User avatar
Gooner91
Posts: 1376
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:34 pm

Re: Question about GPA Undergrad & Graduate School

Postby Gooner91 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:29 pm

Legacy Rabbit wrote:
Max324 wrote:Legacy is making the claim that 2.8/169 + masters is "competitive" for Columbia. As the one making the claim, he/she has the burden of proof. Why are we arguing things that have been settled for millennia?

I'm suspecting troll as well. Maybe John1990 is evading his ban with an alt?


First, I said the application as a whole. And, to add to this, the OP initially stated a strong desire for Columbia.
You can stalk all you want. Like I have been saying to everyone, prove it has never been done.


This is a bad argument too. You should take an intro to logic course at the local community college. I think it will help you be less insufferable.

User avatar
MistakenGenius
Posts: 825
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:18 pm

Post removed.

Postby MistakenGenius » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:22 pm

Post removed.




Return to “Law School FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests