Good numbers for Northwestern ED

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)

Good numbers for Northwestern ED

Postby NotHermione » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:21 pm

What is a good LSAT score for Northwestern ED?

Northwestern is my dream school - I'm from Chicago, most of my connections are in Chicago and I would be happy to end up there post graduation. I have a below median GPA (3.6), but I'll have two years of post undergrad work experience when I apply.

Does anyone know numbers for other applicants who have been accepted ED?

Re: Good numbers for Northwestern ED

Postby Jaqen » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:46 am

I'm drawing a blank on how to sort applications by ED status, if it is possible at all, but there's this: ... cholarship

Note that many of those with 150k got the offer without EDing. But it gives you an idea and a place to start digging.

I think you would have a tough time for the 150k with your GPA, but idk. Depending on what you score, it's worth a shot.

Re: Good numbers for Northwestern ED

Postby whereskyle » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:24 am

Admitted ED this year. I had no G.P.A. to hold me back, and I was admitted with a 170. A number of folks were admitted this round with one number above and one number below median. Check out the current Northwestern applicants thread. Someone reported with a 3.91 and a 168. From this data (and common sense) I surmise that NU uses ED to get a jumpstart on firming up their medians. I don't know if anyone was admitted ED while having two numbers below median. With that, I would say you need at least a 170, or a 171, to make it surefire. I'm not certain, but it seems that if you're not keeping a median up, they may not be inclined to lock you in through the binding decision, and in turn may want you to pay more tuition through regular decision.

Return to “Law School FAQ”