How to see your graded exams?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
jerbee02

How to see your graded exams?

Postby jerbee02 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:23 pm

I've searched the forums but can't find an answer to this (or I may be using the wrong queries)...

I'm a 1L, and just got back my first semester exam results. I'm very happy with them, but don't know what the normal process is to request seeing my graded exam(s). The grades were posted yesterday evening and the law center is closed until next year (well, the day after tomorrow) so I can't call and ask. How does your university typically distribute graded exams?

If it makes a difference, I used Exam4.

Bildungsroman

Re: How to see your graded exams?

Postby Bildungsroman » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:28 pm

jerbee02 wrote:I've searched the forums but can't find an answer to this (or I may be using the wrong queries)...

I'm a 1L, and just got back my first semester exam results. I'm very happy with them, but don't know what the normal process is to request seeing my graded exam(s). The grades were posted yesterday evening and the law center is closed until next year (well, the day after tomorrow) so I can't call and ask. How does your university typically distribute graded exams?

Depends on the law school. They might not even make your graded exams available at all, or might not make them available for months more. And even when you get your graded exam, the professor's markup of the exam might be nothing except a final raw score or even just a series of check marks and question marks.

And you only need to wait two more days to ask your law school, so do that.

jerbee02

Postby jerbee02 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:30 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:And you only need to wait two more days to ask your law school, so do that.

Thanks for the info. You're right - after checking each morning and evening for 2 weeks to see if they grades were posted, another 2 days won't kill me. Have a happy New Year.

wiz

Postby wiz » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:02 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
jerbee02 wrote:I've searched the forums but can't find an answer to this (or I may be using the wrong queries)...

Depends on the law school. They might not even make your graded exams available at all, or might not make them available for months more. And even when you get your graded exam, the professor's markup of the exam might be nothing except a final raw score or even just a series of check marks and question marks.

And you only need to wait two more days to ask your law school, so do that.

Yeah, most of my profs only wrote a raw score and the boomer equivalent of wtf? in the margins. If you're really interested in doing an in-depth review, try to set up an appointment with your professors when you're back at school to go over your graded exams.

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:12 pm

We never got our exams back. If we wanted to see them we had to make an appointment to go over them with the prof. My impression was that this was pretty common.

Return to “Law School FAQ”