Fall Semester UG GPA Increase (what do i do?) Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
yesmanyesman

New

Fall Semester UG GPA Increase (what do i do?)

Post by yesmanyesman » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:09 am

I applied to almost every school in the t14, my ug gpa improved this semester, how do i update my gpa for law schools? do i send a transcript to all of them? what have your experiences been with this? is it even worth sending (gpa went from 3.82 to ~3.84)?

plz help. thanks <3.

js101b

New

Re: Fall Semester UG GPA Increase (what do i do?)

Post by js101b » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:07 am

yesmanyesman wrote:I applied to almost every school in the t14, my ug gpa improved this semester, how do i update my gpa for law schools? do i send a transcript to all of them? what have your experiences been with this? is it even worth sending (gpa went from 3.82 to ~3.84)?

plz help. thanks <3.
I suggest you have an official copy sent to LSAC, and consider e-mailing an unofficial copy to the institutions you are most interested in -- along with perhaps a brief note about your good academic performance this semester, etc.

phillywc

Gold

Re: Fall Semester UG GPA Increase (what do i do?)

Post by phillywc » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:39 pm

Schools will NOT accept a transcript sent straight to them. Mail LSAC (there is a form on their site, make sure you check updated before you give it to your schools registrar) and if you want, email each admissions office that you have done so. I did this and got mixed results. Some schools were positive (Mich and UVA off the top of my head), some just stated that they would wait for the updated transcript from LSAC.

HTH.

Return to “Ask a Law Student”