punitive versus non-punitive withdrawals question

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
sunalwaysshining

punitive versus non-punitive withdrawals question

Postby sunalwaysshining » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:42 am

I have an LSAT score (169) and am going to retest in February or June with the hopes of earning a 170+ . I havent sent my transcript into LSAC, but I have a 3.4 on my transcript, and when I calculated an absolute gpa for myself as LSAC would, counting every letter grade and credit, it came to 3.2.

I have course withdrawals....W's......On the transcript summarization page of LSAC's website, it said Ws are omitted unless the issuing school considers the grade punitive.

There is a website: http://www.lsac.org/transcriptkeys/igugs-search.aspx where you can type in school name and it shows what is omitted, if your school is on that website. I did that and it said Ws are omitted from my school.

However, when I called LSAC, I said, "if you have a W, that doesnt affect your gpa, can it still be counted punitively" her response: "yes, it still may, we will only know when we receive your transcript, since schools tell us how to treat them".

On the website, above I attached where it says what is excluded from each school, is that independent from what the schools give LSAC? I am just wondering, if a W is non punitive but anyone had their school send a paper telling them to count it that way?

Any help of thoughts? thanks

Also, this is what it says on the back of my school transcript

--LinkRemoved--

midwest17

Re: punitive versus non-punitive withdrawals question

Postby midwest17 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:48 pm

No one here will be able to give you more guidance than LSAC already has. If you're desperate to find out right now, pay for CAS and send your transcripts in.

Ti Malice

Postby Ti Malice » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:39 am

I could well be wrong, but this post sure sounds a lot like the ones from the Kent State grad with multiple aliases and dozens of posts asking about withdrawals.

Regardless of whether that's the case, just send in the transcripts.

Ti Malice

Postby Ti Malice » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:01 am

Holy shit. I didn't read all the way to the bottom to see the Kent State link. You are seriously an utter basket case. You've been asking this same question for more than a year. Do not even consider going to law school. I can virtually assure you that you will flame out in spectacular fashion.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=214804&p=7019255&hilit=Kent+state#p7019255

Return to “Law School FAQ”