(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Josh4737

Postby Josh4737 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:07 pm

Last edited by Josh4737 on Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

midwest17

Re: Semesters of Credit to Apply to LS

Postby midwest17 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:13 pm

There's no minimum number of semesters of grades to have in order to apply to law school. Some schools might hold your application until they get the sixth semester of grades, though.

Josh4737

Postby Josh4737 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:19 pm

For the schools that would, do you think would they just silently hold the application or would I get an email saying they are doing so?

midwest17

Postby midwest17 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:30 pm

Josh4737 wrote:For the schools that would, do you think would they just silently hold the application or would I get an email saying they are doing so?

I think they email you, but I'm not in this situation so I don't know for sure.

p3aceandl0v3

Postby p3aceandl0v3 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:07 pm

Would this same thing apply if you are in your last year of ug? I did my undergrad a bit non-traditionally - i only have 62 credits from my ug institution, the rest of my creds coming from 1 year of study abroad, ap courses, and some college courses in high school. Will some schools wait to see my Fall 2013 grades? This would worry me because my grades this semester are significantly lower due to studying for the lsat.

ltrego

Postby ltrego » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:12 pm

p3aceandl0v3 wrote:Would this same thing apply if you are in your last year of ug? I did my undergrad a bit non-traditionally - i only have 62 credits from my ug institution, the rest of my creds coming from 1 year of study abroad, ap courses, and some college courses in high school. Will some schools wait to see my Fall 2013 grades? This would worry me because my grades this semester are significantly lower due to studying for the lsat.

The college courses in HS you'll have to get transcripts for. Those count as "real college grades." Same with the 1-year abroad (assuming you're not doing that right now). With those transcripts, you should have more credits.

There's no way to say whether schools will want your FA13 grades. Send in your apps, and if they want them, they'll ask for them.

p3aceandl0v3

Postby p3aceandl0v3 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:27 pm

ltrego wrote:
p3aceandl0v3 wrote:Would this same thing apply if you are in your last year of ug? I did my undergrad a bit non-traditionally - i only have 62 credits from my ug institution, the rest of my creds coming from 1 year of study abroad, ap courses, and some college courses in high school. Will some schools wait to see my Fall 2013 grades? This would worry me because my grades this semester are significantly lower due to studying for the lsat.

The college courses in HS you'll have to get transcripts for. Those count as "real college grades." Same with the 1-year abroad (assuming you're not doing that right now). With those transcripts, you should have more credits.

There's no way to say whether schools will want your FA13 grades. Send in your apps, and if they want them, they'll ask for them.

I've sent in the study abroad transcripts, even though its less than one year, because some schools told me they wanted to see them. With the college classes in hs, schools have told me they don't want to see those because they weren't given in a college, they were given in my high school, so i haven't had those sent in.

Return to “Law School FAQ”