Re-Applicant Addendum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
JustHawkin

Re-Applicant Addendum

Postby JustHawkin » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:36 pm

This may have been answered, did a quick search and couldn't seem to find anything relevant. Has anyone written an addendum for why there were previously accepted, yet did not attend? Is this even necessary?
Specifically took a year off to decide if law school was right for me/gain work experience (all of which is reflected in PS and Resume).
Thanks!

DoveBodyWash

Re: Re-Applicant Addendum

Postby DoveBodyWash » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:32 pm

JustHawkin wrote:This may have been answered, did a quick search and couldn't seem to find anything relevant. Has anyone written an addendum for why there were previously accepted, yet did not attend? Is this even necessary?
Specifically took a year off to decide if law school was right for me/gain work experience (all of which is reflected in PS and Resume).
Thanks!

I had to do this for several schools, including the one I ended up attending. Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions

unodostres

Postby unodostres » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:42 pm

Last edited by unodostres on Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snapdragon25

Postby snapdragon25 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:50 pm

I submitted a short addendum to all the schools where I re-applied, explaining that I wanted to finish a big project at work, save more money, and retake the lsat. I added something about how now I'll be a more mature, better student after waiting another year to attend law school. I've had a lot of success this cycle, so I doubt it hurts to submit an addendum!

JustHawkin

Postby JustHawkin » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:50 pm

snapdragon25 wrote:I submitted a short addendum to all the schools where I re-applied, explaining that I wanted to finish a big project at work, save more money, and retake the lsat. I added something about how now I'll be a more mature, better student after waiting another year to attend law school. I've had a lot of success this cycle, so I doubt it hurts to submit an addendum!

yes I did something along the lines of this. Thanks for the responses!

Return to “Law School FAQ”