PolSci Major in Undergrad Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
MistakenGenius

Silver

Re: PolSci Major in Undergrad

Post by MistakenGenius » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:22 pm

NYC-WVU wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:
MistakenGenius wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:Someone needs to lock this thread before the idiots take over the earth.
Agreed, Mal has been writing far too much nonsense in this thread. I would take a real shot at you but I love Nathan Fillion. OP, I doubled in Econ and History and loved it. I frankly have no reason to think Econ is higher regarded than Drama by law schools. They just want the numbers. Ignore the people who think STEM's are the only way. They're wrong.

And yes Danger. They don't.
Seriously you people need to work on your reading comprehension. When did I ever say law schools care about different majors? Poli sci majors are worthless outside of the law school context, you know where you need to get jobs and real income and stuff.
Speaking of reading comprehension . . . where did MG say that you said law schools care about different majors?
Pretty much this. Thanks NYC. Mal, your LOL's at everyone's ideas of their majors like they were stupid was what I was referring to as nonsense. I'll certainly agree that Poli Sci majors generally do poorly, hell, I have no idea what a poli sci major can do. They're basically in the same boat as history majors (why I double majored). But the OP isn't changing her mind and she has her heart set on law school. What a political scientist can do without a JD is irrelevant to this case. If she's not going IP (in which you do probably need a STEM major), then her major doesn't matter. Stop insulting her choice of poli sci, she definitely understands your point.

Also, my quote wasn't about you, that was a response to Danger.

indo

Bronze

Post by indo » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:23 pm

redsox wrote:
Fish127 wrote:Just going to add, please do not give me suggestions about what major you think I should pursue, unless accompanied by an informed answer to one of my three initial questions. If all I wanted was a 100% solid career path I'm well aware that the best option would be something in high demand like comp science or hard sciences then med school or something of that nature. As I believe I said in the OP, I want to study something that interests me. My main concern here is whether it will cause tangible harm considering so many other applicants choose it.
You should pursue a degree in economics.
Agree . If I have to do it over . I will major in economic.

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:23 pm

This OP is months old. Do you idiots like having worthless debates?

NYC-WVU

Bronze

Post by NYC-WVU » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:28 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:
NYC-WVU wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:
MistakenGenius wrote:Agreed, Mal has been writing far too much nonsense in this thread. I would take a real shot at you but I love Nathan Fillion. OP, I doubled in Econ and History and loved it. I frankly have no reason to think Econ is higher regarded than Drama by law schools. They just want the numbers. Ignore the people who think STEM's are the only way. They're wrong.

And yes Danger. They don't.
Seriously you people need to work on your reading comprehension. When did I ever say law schools care about different majors? Poli sci majors are worthless outside of the law school context, you know where you need to get jobs and real income and stuff.
Speaking of reading comprehension . . . where did MG say that you said law schools care about different majors?
Right here:
I frankly have no reason to think Econ is higher regarded than Drama by law schools. They just want the numbers. Ignore the people who think STEM's are the only way. They're wrong.
I'm having trouble finding the part about you in that quote. The only thing I see about you is a contention that you are writing nonsense. There's then an address to OP, and then a point that MG is trying to make about what law schools think. I don't see where he is linking you to that point.

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:29 pm

Yeah I'm done here.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NYC-WVU

Bronze

Post by NYC-WVU » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:29 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:This OP is months old. Do you idiots like having worthless debates?
Yes. Do you not? You've got 10000 posts. How could you not?

secondshot

New

Post by secondshot » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:42 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:This OP is months old. Do you idiots like having worthless debates?
Says the idiot debating only one page back. :roll:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Ask a Law Student”