Post removed. Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
MistakenGenius

Silver

Post removed.

Post by MistakenGenius » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:32 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by MistakenGenius on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

mephistopheles

Gold

Re: Does it ever bother you guys?

Post by mephistopheles » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:34 pm

why didn't you smang

Ramius

Gold

Post by Ramius » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:44 pm

Just saw a girl I knew from high school on facebook planning her move from the Midwest to San Francisco without a job, asking about neighborhoods to live in, best places to go hiking/workout, good restaurants, etc.

She's from a TTT with <40% employment score. And you wonder how the scores get that low.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:45 pm

matthewsean85 wrote:Just saw a girl I knew from high school on facebook planning her move from the Midwest to San Francisco without a job, asking about neighborhoods to live in, best places to go hiking/workout, good restaurants, etc.

She's from a TTT with <40% employment score. And you wonder how the scores get that low.
Typical - Independently wealthy spoiled children get their parents off their backs by going to law school, which seems like the paradigmatic boomer responsible choice, and then they've bought another 5 years of financial support regardless of employment. Rich people...

scifiguy

Silver

Post by scifiguy » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:46 pm

MistakenGenius wrote:Last week, I was talking to this girl who was an easy 9 when I found out that she was applying to law school. Curious, I asked her if she'd taken the LSAT yet. She told me that she had, but she had retaken in October (with 2 weeks of off and on practice) because her first score was a 142. She was shooting for South Carolina Law School at sticker (as a long shot) or Charleston School of Law with a small scholarship. I tried to talk her out of it, but she was convinced that was the best route to go. She also said she WAS applying this year and would not take it in December no matter what she made. Needless to say, my attraction to her plummeted and I gave up on helping her. I wished her all the luck in the world and left. My question is, when you find out about the vast majority of law school applicants and their herd-like mentality of lemmings running off a cliff, does it bother you? What do you do when you meet someone like that?
It does, because of the enormous life-changing risk and consequences involved. That's why I try to figure out a way to explain to people like that what they're really getting into and what the truth of the matter is.

If I feel I've done the best that I could and they still do not care to listen, then I can walk away knowing I did all that I could.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Ramius

Gold

Post by Ramius » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:00 pm

jbagelboy wrote:
matthewsean85 wrote:Just saw a girl I knew from high school on facebook planning her move from the Midwest to San Francisco without a job, asking about neighborhoods to live in, best places to go hiking/workout, good restaurants, etc.

Typical - Independently wealthy spoiled children get their parents off their backs by going to law school, which seems like the paradigmatic boomer responsible choice, and then they've bought another 5 years of financial support regardless of employment. Rich people...
That's the worst part. Her parents are your typical middle-class income family. I sincerely doubt she's getting any kind of serious financial help in this one. Maybe the hiking trails will be comfortable when she finds herself sleeping on them after not making ridiculous rent, unable to find gainful employment with her printed on a napkin JD and trying to pay off $150k of debt.

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:08 pm

MistakenGenius wrote:Last week, I was talking to this girl who was an easy 9 when I found out that she was applying to law school. Curious, I asked her if she'd taken the LSAT yet. She told me that she had, but she had retaken in October (with 2 weeks of off and on practice) because her first score was a 142. She was shooting for South Carolina Law School at sticker (as a long shot) or Charleston School of Law with a small scholarship. I tried to talk her out of it, but she was convinced that was the best route to go. She also said she WAS applying this year and would not take it in December no matter what she made. Needless to say, my attraction to her plummeted and I gave up on helping her. I wished her all the luck in the world and left. My question is, when you find out about the vast majority of law school applicants and their herd-like mentality of lemmings running off a cliff, does it bother you? What do you do when you meet someone like that?
Nothing. Their fault for not doing their research and considering all options.

And this:

mephistopheles wrote:why didn't you smang

IpleadtheFiF

New

Post by IpleadtheFiF » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:17 am

ManoftheHour wrote: Nothing. Their fault for not doing their research and considering all options.
100% agree. People who make life-altering decisions based upon qualitative reasons (i.e. feelings, anecdotes, public perception of what lawyers do and how much they make) are not likely to be swayed by quantitative argument. If people really cared about employment statistics, they would have looked it up at the magical know-everything-place called the internet. However, since they did not care to obtain that information themselves, there is little reason for them to care when when you drop terms like LRAP and T14.
mephistopheles wrote:why didn't you smang
If OP is the type to feel sorry for dumb girls, he's probably not the type that smashes dumb girls.

Void

Silver

Post by Void » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:26 am

It never bothers me, because it's none of my fucking business. I also don't spray smokers with fire extinguishers or smack the cheeseburgers from the mouths of fats. Lots of people do stupid shit.

Some people in this thread sound disturbingly like the homeless-looking men who sometimes approach me in parking lots to ask if I've been saved by christ.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Balthy

Silver

Post by Balthy » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:40 am

I can tell you got game.

bizzybone1313

Silver

Post by bizzybone1313 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:59 am

I know this girl from college that went to St. Mary's Law in San Antonio.

Here is her solo practice website: http://rjc-lawfirm.com/

She went from small law of 5-10 attorneys to partnering up with another peep and running a two man (woman) shop to having a completely solo practice. I have been wanting to contact her to see what she says. I wonder how much she makes in "shit" law as a solo attorney.

I know another 2-3 peeps that went to shitty law schools, such as Thurgood Marshall in Houston. I am sure they probably aren't doing as well as this girl.

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:03 am

bizzybone1313 wrote:I know this girl from college that went to St. Mary's Law in San Antonio.

She went from small law of 5-10 attorneys to partnering up with another peep and running a two man (woman) shop to having a completely solo practice.
I respect her hustle

IpleadtheFiF

New

Post by IpleadtheFiF » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:26 pm

Nova wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote:I know this girl from college that went to St. Mary's Law in San Antonio.

She went from small law of 5-10 attorneys to partnering up with another peep and running a two man (woman) shop to having a completely solo practice.
I respect her hustle
I see a lot of attorneys that attended low-ranked schools and subsequently make a killing in family law solo practice.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:31 pm

Nova wrote:

I respect her hustle
+1

She looks legit to me.

Otunga

Silver

Post by Otunga » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:08 pm

IpleadtheFiF wrote:
Nova wrote:

I respect her hustle
I see a lot of attorneys that attended low-ranked schools and subsequently make a killing in family law solo practice.
It's probably important to note though that she has this practice in close proximity to where she went to law school.

chaseychase

New

Post by chaseychase » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:23 pm

Here is her solo practice website: http://rjc-lawfirm.com/

She went from small law of 5-10 attorneys to partnering up with another peep and running a two man (woman) shop to having a completely solo practice. I have been wanting to contact her to see what she says. I wonder how much she makes in "shit" law as a solo attorney.

I know another 2-3 peeps that went to shitty law schools, such as Thurgood Marshall in Houston. I am sure they probably aren't doing as well as this girl.
My mom's divorce attorney went to Thurgood Marshall and is probably one of the most well-known divorce attorneys in Houston. She has a swanky office in a nice office building and I'm sure she makes a killing. And the top person at Vinson and Elkins in Houston went to LSU Law.

OfThriceandTen

Bronze

Post by OfThriceandTen » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:32 pm

I think OP's point is pretty clear. Women don't need solo family law practices, women just gotta raise families. That is, if they wanna smang OP. Going by his general demeanor and ability to spew judgment on pre-law forums, dude sounds like a catch, so who wouldn't?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sillymike

New

Post by sillymike » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:35 pm

^ ...wat.

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:38 pm

MistakenGenius wrote:What do you do when you meet someone like that?
I fuck her in the ass.

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:55 pm

bjsesq wrote:
I fuck her in the ass.
TITCR

lawpanther

New

Post by lawpanther » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:58 pm

OfThriceandTen wrote:I think OP's point is pretty clear. Women don't need solo family law practices, women just gotta raise families. That is, if they wanna smang OP. Going by his general demeanor and ability to spew judgment on pre-law forums, dude sounds like a catch, so who wouldn't?
As a woman, I'm offended that you're an idiot.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:05 pm

Its not JUST a pre-law forum

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:06 pm

lawpanther wrote:
OfThriceandTen wrote:I think OP's point is pretty clear. Women don't need solo family law practices, women just gotta raise families. That is, if they wanna smang OP. Going by his general demeanor and ability to spew judgment on pre-law forums, dude sounds like a catch, so who wouldn't?
As a woman, I'm offended that you're an idiot.
She's a girl too and was trying to be funny I think

bizzybone1313

Silver

Post by bizzybone1313 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:24 pm

bjsesq wrote:
I fuck her in the ass.
I would be careful going down that route with certain ladies. You may fall in love.

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:23 pm

bizzybone1313 wrote:
bjsesq wrote:
I fuck her in the ass.
I would be careful going down that route with certain ladies. You may fall in love.
Waaaaaaaaaay too late on that one, dude.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”