C&F addendum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
chipshoote

C&F addendum

Postby chipshoote » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:44 pm

Okay, so...

I just found out I should have probably included this in my C&F on my admissions application, but the school is giving us a chance to amend anything right now.... I really thought when they asked you about criminal charges they meant like serious ones relevant to practice but anyways...

I got a public urination when I was about 18, and was charged for it... paid the fine and all that...I understand that this isnt something that will probably effect my admission to the bar, but my problem is that when I got my public urination, the cop also went through my wallet and found a fake id. Now, for some reason, I have NO idea why, I was not charged with it. In fact, he just laughed and put it in his pocket. I got charged with public urination, but thats it. I paid the $50 fine and moved on...Disclose the fake id or not? it says to disclose anything I was charged with, and I was never charged with possessing a fake id.

gaud

Re: C&F addendum

Postby gaud » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:09 pm

I would read the application language very carefully and follow what it asks for.

DrStudMuffin

Postby DrStudMuffin » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:00 am

chipshoote wrote:Okay, so...

I just found out I should have probably included this in my C&F on my admissions application, but the school is giving us a chance to amend anything right now.... I really thought when they asked you about criminal charges they meant like serious ones relevant to practice but anyways...

I got a public urination when I was about 18, and was charged for it... paid the fine and all that...I understand that this isnt something that will probably effect my admission to the bar, but my problem is that when I got my public urination, the cop also went through my wallet and found a fake id. Now, for some reason, I have NO idea why, I was not charged with it. In fact, he just laughed and put it in his pocket. I got charged with public urination, but thats it. I paid the $50 fine and moved on...Disclose the fake id or not? it says to disclose anything I was charged with, and I was never charged with possessing a fake id.

Last edited by DrStudMuffin on Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:06 am

Yes - schools frequently allow this. They would rather you amend your application then not get admitted to the bar (where the issue would be that you failed to disclose something on your law school application. A public urination isn't going to keep you from getting admitted to the bar and wouldn't have kept you from getting admitted to school. If you failed to disclose something significant enough that it would have led the law school not to admit you, presumably it could cause problems with your law school, but generally that's not the case).

Return to “Law School FAQ”