Reapplying

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
pin_s

Reapplying

Postby pin_s » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:16 am

So decided to take the year off, do a little traveling, and submit myself to another lawl school application cycle. Now I have a few questions:

1.) Will I have to pay another LSAC CAS fee?
2.) Will schools, even those that I applied to last year, send me fee waivers?
3.) I didn't respond to any acceptances or waitlist requests. Any reason to address in PS why I didn't accept last year, but am willing to this year?
4.) For those that have reapplied- what is something you failed to do the first application cycle, but were glad you did the second cycle?

Oh, and thank you to all those LSAT retake obsessors out there. Took the October test, felt much better about it than last year's initial take.

Quiet Batperson

Re: Reapplying

Postby Quiet Batperson » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:50 pm

1) Almost certainly.
2) Probably, though it's up to the individual school, I think.
3) Good question. Probably worth a call or email to the admissions office.
4) Can't help you on this one; I only did one cycle.

Hope that helps.

MoMettaMonk

Postby MoMettaMonk » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:01 pm

pin_s wrote:So decided to take the year off, do a little traveling, and submit myself to another lawl school application cycle. Now I have a few questions:

1.) Will I have to pay another LSAC CAS fee?
2.) Will schools, even those that I applied to last year, send me fee waivers?
3.) I didn't respond to any acceptances or waitlist requests. Any reason to address in PS why I didn't accept last year, but am willing to this year?
4.) For those that have reapplied- what is something you failed to do the first application cycle, but were glad you did the second cycle?

Oh, and thank you to all those LSAT retake obsessors out there. Took the October test, felt much better about it than last year's initial take.

1. No, CAS lasts for 5 years.
2. It's up to the school, but I'm sure if all else fails you can request them.
3. I don't know about your PS, but as another poster mentioned, I would call the admissions offices to ask that question.
4. In the midst of reapplying, so I'll just say that the best thing I did was actually preparing for the LSAT this year.

Quiet Batperson

Postby Quiet Batperson » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:19 pm

MoMettaMonk wrote:1. No, CAS lasts for 5 years..
Haha, this is probably right. I guess at this point, I just assume that LSAC wants to milk applicants for all their worth.

Return to “Law School FAQ”