Waitlists of the Undying

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
jbagelboy

Waitlists of the Undying

Postby jbagelboy » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:32 pm

This question aims to summarize multiple inquiries I've seen posted throughout this board:

Are there schools that simply never inform their waitlisted candidates that the cycle is over and they should consider themselves rejected? It would appear that in some instances, as of October 1st, the law schools have yet to notify applicants of their final outcome (Stanford is one example). This is distinct from schools like Columbia and Harvard, which flushed the remaining candidates from their waitlists before the end of the summer.

Do the schools have an obligation via LSAC rules to notify applicants of a final decision? Or is the initial waitlist deemed a final decision?

Perhaps, for future cycles' waitlisters, we could start a list of those schools who provide final post-WL rejections, roughly when they send them out, and which do not.

Thanks!

hichvichwoh

Re: Waitlists of the Undying

Postby hichvichwoh » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:53 pm

I'm a current 2L, and I'm STILL waiting to see if I get off the waitlist at Penn

banjo

Postby banjo » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:54 am

hichvichwoh wrote:I'm a current 2L, and I'm STILL waiting to see if I get off the waitlist at Penn

Interesting. This year we received monthly summer updates from Penn and I was rejected via email on August 30.

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:01 am

I'm still waitlisted at Chicago for this year.. Fingers crossed!

desiballa21

Postby desiballa21 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:53 pm

Legit JUST got released from UChicago's Wait List like 5 mins ago

Return to “Law School FAQ”