C&F missing data

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
esypsylmnsqsy

C&F missing data

Postby esypsylmnsqsy » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:10 pm

Since it seems to be C&F season I am going to jump on the pile.

Eight years ago, during my freshman year, I was cited by campus police for underage drinking. I can't locate any official record of the citation in the state's online public records database. Because I was poor I am pretty sure that I remember the exact amount of the fine, but I'm a little foggy on the exact date. Is ball parking an offense like this and saying I could not find a record of it a big deal, or is it going to look like I didn't do due diligence?

Oh, and I know it means I'll never be admitted to the bar, no big deal. Thanks.

Void

Re: C&F missing data

Postby Void » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:44 pm

esypsylmnsqsy wrote:Since it seems to be C&F season I am going to jump on the pile.

Eight years ago, during my freshman year, I was cited by campus police for underage drinking. I can't locate any official record of the citation in the state's online public records database. Because I was poor I am pretty sure that I remember the exact amount of the fine, but I'm a little foggy on the exact date. Is ball parking an offense like this and saying I could not find a record of it a big deal, or is it going to look like I didn't do due diligence?

Oh, and I know it means I'll never be admitted to the bar, no big deal. Thanks.

You should probably at least try contacting the campus police instead of just looking through a public database.

Return to “Law School FAQ”