Waitlist => Rejection, no update?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Yasy13

Waitlist => Rejection, no update?

Postby Yasy13 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:45 am

School started nearly 2 weeks ago and I was on the waitlist. Last week I called and someone (probably a secretary) told me there was no movement and probably not going to be any movement and they said they would email out the rejection letter by friday...a week later and they haven't responded to emails.

Just wondering if schools have to send a rejection or is it just unspoken sometimes? And how long can they generally hold a waitlist into the school year?

Thanks!

Druid

Re: Waitlist => Rejection, no update?

Postby Druid » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:38 pm

You should move on. There is such a small chance that you're getting in that it's not worth worrying about. I've never heard of them not actually sending a rejection letter, but I didn't have to deal with that in my cycle and my sample size outside of that is rather small.

mewalke1

Postby mewalke1 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:28 am

Yasy13 wrote:School started nearly 2 weeks ago and I was on the waitlist. Last week I called and someone (probably a secretary) told me there was no movement and probably not going to be any movement and they said they would email out the rejection letter by friday...a week later and they haven't responded to emails.

Just wondering if schools have to send a rejection or is it just unspoken sometimes? And how long can they generally hold a waitlist into the school year?

Thanks!

Same thing had happened to me. I have a few schools that Im waitlisted at that I haven't heard anything from. I'm sue class has already started at most of them too. Just kind of weird.

Yasy13

Postby Yasy13 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:08 pm

mewalke1 wrote:
Yasy13 wrote:School started nearly 2 weeks ago and I was on the waitlist. Last week I called and someone (probably a secretary) told me there was no movement and probably not going to be any movement and they said they would email out the rejection letter by friday...a week later and they haven't responded to emails.

Thanks!

Same thing had happened to me. I have a few schools that Im waitlisted at that I haven't heard anything from. I'm sue class has already started at most of them too. Just kind of weird.

I know classes are now starting their 3rd week but I thought they at least had to say you were rejected eventually....so dumb. Hopefully they will say something this week so we can have full closure!

mewalke1

Postby mewalke1 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:30 am

Just got a waitlist rejection letter on the 5th. Geez that took awhile.

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:15 am

Yasy13 wrote:I know classes are now starting their 3rd week but I thought they at least had to say you were rejected eventually....so dumb. Hopefully they will say something this week so we can have full closure!

They're not going to bring you in after class starts. If that's not closure, I don't know what is.

In fact, not being accepted before class starts is probably MORE closure than being rejected is.

Return to “Law School FAQ”