Has anyone had non punitive Ws at your school that LSAC coun

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
sarcasticzebra

Has anyone had non punitive Ws at your school that LSAC coun

Postby sarcasticzebra » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:35 am

Has anyone had non punitive Ws on your undergraduate transcript that didnt effect your gpa, but LSAC counted them as punitive?

StillIll

Re: Has anyone had non punitive Ws at your school that LSAC coun

Postby StillIll » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:18 pm

I think I had 3 Ws on my transcript and they did not affect my LSDAS GPA. I'm fairly positive that any W doesn't affect your GPA, as long as it is not a late-W (where you do it after the deadline).

sarcasticzebra

Postby sarcasticzebra » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:19 pm

Thanks for the help, but I called my registrars office and they said they only have regular Ws and they dont post the date on the transcript when the student withdrew.

StillIll

Postby StillIll » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:27 pm

Then you're fine.

I think the more important question is how do Law Schools view Ws on the transcript. And this I don't know, even after completing a cycle. My cycle was sketchy for a bit until a bunch of WL action... my guess is that it won't be a huge deal unless you're on the bubble, where it could become an inhibiting factor.

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:27 am

StillIll wrote:Then you're fine.

I think the more important question is how do Law Schools view Ws on the transcript. And this I don't know, even after completing a cycle. My cycle was sketchy for a bit until a bunch of WL action... my guess is that it won't be a huge deal unless you're on the bubble, where it could become an inhibiting factor.

Bro your cycle was unpredictable cause you waited on ThAT SPLiTTER LOVE. This kid just keeps asking everywhere about withdrawals, when hes been told the answer over and over: one or two W dont make any difference whatsoever so stop making threads

StillIll

Postby StillIll » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:27 pm

jbagelboy wrote:
StillIll wrote:Then you're fine.

Bro your cycle was unpredictable cause you waited on ThAT SPLiTTER LOVE. This kid just keeps asking everywhere about withdrawals, when hes been told the answer over and over: one or two W dont make any difference whatsoever so stop making threads

True that. SPLITTER LUVVV.

Yeah, I responded to this one like three days ago, before I saw any of their other Ws threads.

That moment when he/she created an alt to defend herself was puuure classicness.

Fish127

Postby Fish127 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:14 pm

I hope your not talking about the thread I made earlier in the week asking about Ws? I assure you that was the first thread I ever made regarding Ws and I don't have any alts...

StillIll

Postby StillIll » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:41 pm

Fish127 wrote:I hope your not talking about the thread I made earlier in the week asking about Ws? I assure you that was the first thread I ever made regarding Ws and I don't have any alts...

What.. we're not talking about you. OP

Nova

Postby Nova » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:46 pm

OP has made like 8 W threads.

moshei would be proud

Fish127

Postby Fish127 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:54 pm

Seriously, it's not me.

Return to “Law School FAQ”