shadowing

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Cohiba

shadowing

Postby Cohiba » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:36 pm

Hey guys I plan on shadowing a variety of lawyers. Do any of you guys have advice on how to do that? should I call offices, or should I go up to a office in person? Any advice is appreciated

WahooLaw24

Re: shadowing

Postby WahooLaw24 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:40 pm

Cohiba wrote:Hey guys I plan on shadowing a variety of lawyers. Do any of you guys have advice on how to do that? should I call offices, or should I go up to a office in person? Any advice is appreciated

Try working your connections first. Even if it's just your aunt's best friend's husband, you'll at least have an easy way to communicate your interest to them, and they'd probably be happy to allow you to shadow.

Between the two options you listed, I would recommend calling before showing up and asking attorneys if you can essentially follow them around for a while.

magp90

Postby magp90 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:39 am

We have prospective law students coming in on a semi-regular basis, and the vast majority of them are people who just ran into our managing partner at, like, a happy hour and got in touch with him. We're a smaller firm, so perhaps that explains why we may have the time to be accommodating, but I would definitely recommend wahoolaw's approach. Get in touch with even the slightest connections you have and ask if you can shadow them or someone at their work.

Cohiba

Postby Cohiba » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:47 pm

Thanks for the advice guys.

Return to “Law School FAQ”