Torts/Civ Pro II Practice Exams Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
AryanBarbarian82

New

Torts/Civ Pro II Practice Exams

Post by AryanBarbarian82 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:15 pm

Can anyone direct me to a good source of exams. There is so much fluff and bullshit that I have encountered so far. I am strictly looking for a good source of practice exams, preferably online, that will pose the question and then provide a detailed answer. Not Examples and Explanations, actual tests that take the same amount of time and effort as real exams do.

Thanks!

Jacques_Bentley

New

Re: Torts/Civ Pro II Practice Exams

Post by Jacques_Bentley » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:26 pm

AryanBarbarian82 wrote:Can anyone direct me to a good source of exams. There is so much fluff and bullshit that I have encountered so far. I am strictly looking for a good source of practice exams, preferably online, that will pose the question and then provide a detailed answer. Not Examples and Explanations, actual tests that take the same amount of time and effort as real exams do.

Thanks!
Is this for 1L or for the bar exam? If the former, practice exams will be of limited value, since they will not necessarily be representative of the scope of material you will cover, nor of your Professor's style.

Devlin

Silver

Post by Devlin » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:59 pm

AryanBarbarian82 wrote:Can anyone direct me to a good source of exams. There is so much fluff and bullshit that I have encountered so far. I am strictly looking for a good source of practice exams, preferably online, that will pose the question and then provide a detailed answer. Not Examples and Explanations, actual tests that take the same amount of time and effort as real exams do.

Thanks!
1) Check to see if your school post exams
2) If you still have access to your undergrads system- check to see if their law school has exams posted (a lot of people were able to access exam banks from their undergrad)
3) Google law school exams- Pepperdine usually came up and I thought theirs were decent.

AryanBarbarian82

New

Post by AryanBarbarian82 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:42 am

Thanks a lot, really appreciate the input. Is there any kind of source that could provide me with a test taking system?

Devlin

Silver

Post by Devlin » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:29 pm

AryanBarbarian82 wrote:Thanks a lot, really appreciate the input. Is there any kind of source that could provide me with a test taking system?
Don't go in to exam taking with a generic attitude to test taking. Different professors like different things. For instance, my civ-pro professor was straight IRAC compared to my K professor who basically wanted a conversation on paper. You need to make model answers and show them to your professor and see what they think an answer should look like.

However, LEEWS is a decent starting point, but it is the bare minimum.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”