What will stop you from being able to sit for the bar exam?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
azditamo

What will stop you from being able to sit for the bar exam?

Postby azditamo » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:50 am

Will anything involving a traffic ticket stop you from being a lawyer. Like a dwi excessive ticket reckless driving or no insurance. Or is it limited to crimes that question your integrity or felonies? What about misdemeanor?

cinephile

Re: What will stop you from being able to sit for the bar exam?

Postby cinephile » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:38 pm

Are you planning on committing a crime and you're not sure which one to commit? If you have a specific violation, you could certainly ask that specific question here. Or even better, you could contact the bar in the state where you want to practice and ask them.

azditamo

Postby azditamo » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:15 pm

cinephile wrote:Are you planning on committing a crime and you're not sure which one to commit? If you have a specific violation, you could certainly ask that specific question here. Or even better, you could contact the bar in the state where you want to practice and ask them.

I plead the fizith. Nah no to both, just wondering.

azditamo

Postby azditamo » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:18 pm

That was the best thing ever. I forgot about that movie. Thank you.

pifhib2

Postby pifhib2 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:12 pm

Try not to embezzle your firm's funds during your summer internships. Outside of that, you should be fine.

When you're getting interviewed for the bar just take credit for what you've done: "Yeah, I did get a DUI during 2L, and you know what, I'm better for it. I learned a lot from it, I don't drink near as much during social engagements and I'm more responsible." That's what they want to hear, and if you tell them that you'll be fine.

Return to “Law School FAQ”