0Ls: How are you preparing for school this fall.

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
ph5354a

Re: 0Ls: How are you preparing for school this fall.

Postby ph5354a » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:20 pm

KD35 wrote:
ph5354a wrote:I know it was briefly discussed on page 5, but can someone give me a rundown (or direct me to a thread) of Circus Ponies vs. Evernote for Macs? I saw that Evernote can be used on other Apple products. How functional is in the interface for the iPad? I had a PC in undergrad and used One Note, so these products are completely foreign to me.

I know you already made your decision, but I really enjoyed using Evernote on my iPad in UG. It worked well for what I needed it to: Note taking.
You still have the ability to do a lot of the formatting stuff, and obviously it was very nice having it linked to all of my Apple products.

Oh and free

Yeah, I just downloaded it to my Mac and iPad and played around a little (yes, I did make folders for my first semester courses #gunners4lyfe) and it looks pretty legit. I don't need it to do anything fancy, so there's no reason for me to pay a lot for something else. Plus, the whole Tobias Funke thing. It's a win-win-win.

KD35

Postby KD35 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:23 pm

ph5354a wrote:
KD35 wrote:
ph5354a wrote:I know it was briefly discussed on page 5, but can someone give me a rundown (or direct me to a thread) of Circus Ponies vs. Evernote for Macs? I saw that Evernote can be used on other Apple products. How functional is in the interface for the iPad? I had a PC in undergrad and used One Note, so these products are completely foreign to me.

I know you already made your decision, but I really enjoyed using Evernote on my iPad in UG. It worked well for what I needed it to: Note taking.
You still have the ability to do a lot of the formatting stuff, and obviously it was very nice having it linked to all of my Apple products.

Oh and free

Yeah, I just downloaded it to my Mac and iPad and played around a little (yes, I did make folders for my first semester courses #gunners4lyfe) and it looks pretty legit. I don't need it to do anything fancy, so there's no reason for me to pay a lot for something else. Plus, the whole Tobias Funke thing. It's a win-win-win.

And now you get to intimidate others cuz they'll see you aren't running basic Word. Scare people into thinking you're a gunner

ph5354a

Postby ph5354a » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:32 pm

KD35 wrote:
ph5354a wrote:
KD35 wrote:

Oh and free

And now you get to intimidate others cuz they'll see you aren't running basic Word. Scare people into thinking you're a gunner

Very true. I was just talking with one of my LOR writers (a Harvard JD) and he was saying how my first year, I should try to stay out of the competitive/gunner atmosphere because it wil just be a distraction and my time will be better spent focusing on studying (probably good advice) and not on what other students are doing. But I think I'm going to temper his advice with my natural tendencies and pursue a "speak softly and carry a big stick [note taking software]" philosophy.

magp90

Postby magp90 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:20 pm

ph5354a wrote:

Nevermind, I just checked out Evernote and was reading their tutorial. I realized on their sample notes, the name is listed as Tobias Funke. My decision is made.

Right?!

CourCour

Postby CourCour » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:22 pm

I'll be purchasing and enjoying a new MacBook Air http://www.apple.com/macbook-air/.

beepboopbeep

Postby beepboopbeep » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:34 pm

CourCour wrote:I'll be purchasing and enjoying a new MacBook Air http://www.apple.com/macbook-air/.

This message brought to you by Mom's Friendly Robot Company.

kay2016

Postby kay2016 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:15 pm

CourCour wrote:I'll be purchasing and enjoying a new MacBook Air http://www.apple.com/macbook-air/.

I may be blowing the money too... Eep.

xjustyoursmile

Postby xjustyoursmile » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:09 am

Skyrim.

JaviSTB

Postby JaviSTB » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:57 am

xjustyoursmile wrote:Skyrim.

THIS, as well as getting some use of the 8 bucks I give to Netflix every month.

CR2012

Postby CR2012 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:16 am

Is it safe to say that because a new MacBook Pro has not yet been introduced, one will not be forthcoming?

CourCour

Postby CourCour » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:41 am

CR2012 wrote:

Is it safe to say that because a new MacBook Pro has not yet been introduced, one will not be forthcoming?

I don't believe so. Word leading up to WWDC was they weren't going too. They released a new Mac Pro (desktop) and announced osx 7.

I was looking at the Air more because of size and cost.

CR2012

Postby CR2012 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:51 am

CourCour wrote:
CR2012 wrote:

I don't believe so. Word leading up to WWDC was they weren't going too. They released a new Mac Pro (desktop) and announced osx 7.

I was looking at the Air more because of size and cost.

Without hjacking the thread, so if I want to tap into 802.11 ac WiFi, then I have have to go with an Air?

M458

Postby M458 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:11 am

Finally watching Game of Thrones (in the middle of Season 2 right now). Every time I start a new episode, I'm afraid another character I like will get the axe. Or the sword. Or the boar.

shibby

Postby shibby » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:06 pm

Started the Insanity workout series. 60 workouts in 60 days brings me to right around my moving to LS.

Uncle Lou

Postby Uncle Lou » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:10 pm

Uncle Lou wrote:I'm quitting work, probably going to Chile and Pêrü, and visiting family. And reading GTM in between other, more fun books.

Yup, a few days in Santiago and Valparaíso (solely for the ascensores) followed by almost two weeks hiking through the Andes in Peru. My goal is to find a 4G dead spot in some remote village, where I can completely ignore the fact that the rest of the world exists. I think that'll be good practice for finals time.

Volake

Postby Volake » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:41 pm

M458 wrote:Finally watching Game of Thrones (in the middle of Season 2 right now). Every time I start a new episode, I'm afraid another character I like will get the axe. Or the sword. Or the boar.

I think this can qualify as 0L prep. Observe the intrigue and deception of many of the show's characters to better understand the ways of the gunner.

CR2012

Postby CR2012 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:21 am

Volake wrote:
M458 wrote:Finally watching Game of Thrones (in the middle of Season 2 right now). Every time I start a new episode, I'm afraid another character I like will get the axe. Or the sword. Or the boar.

I think this can qualify as 0L prep. Observe the intrigue and deception of many of the show's characters to better understand the ways of the gunner.

Chaos is a ladder

KD35

Postby KD35 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:32 pm

Volake wrote:

Don't be a Jon in law school. By helping others, you get screwed over and have to go to the far north to freeze your ass off.

arklaw13

Postby arklaw13 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:59 pm

Read GTM on my honeymoon. Just ordered 1L of a Ride and LSC. Thinking about LEEWS. Just realized I have OneNote 07. Guess I'll try that out...

WahooLaw24

Postby WahooLaw24 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:59 pm

CR2012 wrote:
Volake wrote:

Chaos is a ladder

Littlefinger would've made Law Review.

Uncle Lou

Postby Uncle Lou » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:30 pm

Dylanlj13 wrote:Read GTM on my honeymoon.

:shock:

JVK

Postby JVK » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:34 pm

Dylanlj13 wrote:Read GTM on my honeymoon. Just ordered 1L of a Ride and LSC. Thinking about LEEWS. Just realized I have OneNote 07. Guess I'll try that out...

No. Please don't!

danitt

Postby danitt » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:36 pm

Uncle Lou wrote:

Exactly.

arklaw13

Postby arklaw13 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:55 pm

danitt wrote:
Uncle Lou wrote:

Exactly.

Haha, it wasn't too bad actually. Being at the beach might have made it more bearable. Besides the policy sections I think I could have gotten most of it just from reading guides on TLS, although my guess is that most of the people writing those guides are gleaning from GTM, among other books. I didn't read the example sections yet, so maybe those will be helpful the second or third time I read it.

JVK wrote:
Dylanlj13 wrote:Read GTM on my honeymoon. Just ordered 1L of a Ride and LSC. Thinking about LEEWS. Just realized I have OneNote 07. Guess I'll try that out...

No. Please don't!

LEEWS or OneNote? Either way, care to elaborate? I have no experience with either.

sublime

Postby sublime » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:33 pm

Return to “Law School FAQ”