0Ls: How are you preparing for school this fall.

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
lawhopeful10

Re: 0Ls: How are you preparing for school this fall.

Postby lawhopeful10 » Fri May 31, 2013 5:22 pm

I'm going to UGA lol. I feel like I would worry less if I was going to a t-14 but since my odds of a good outcome are lower I feel like people will be trying much harder. I have in state and a scholly but when you are taking out loans yourself you want to give yourself the best chance of success.

Keasbey

Postby Keasbey » Fri May 31, 2013 5:28 pm

lawhopeful10 wrote:I'm going to UGA lol. I feel like I would worry less if I was going to a t-14 but since my odds of a good outcome are lower I feel like people will be trying much harder. I have in state and a scholly but when you are taking out loans yourself you want to give yourself the best chance of success.

I'm asking this out of concern - aren't you afraid of burnout?

lawhopeful10

Postby lawhopeful10 » Fri May 31, 2013 5:32 pm

Nah my last undergrad semester was only six credits so I didn't do much and I'm not working this summer. Trying to find ways to argue both sides of an issue is kinda fun for me and if I did start to feel burned out I would just stop.

lhanvt13

Postby lhanvt13 » Fri May 31, 2013 6:42 pm

This should be move to the class of 2016 forum and OP should change the title whenever we become 1Ls 2Ls etc just like how they have a 1L exam prep/motivation thread

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Fri May 31, 2013 6:46 pm

Today I listed 11 items on Ebay, including some of my prized comics...

It's a happy/sad day. Just getting my comics organized to sell has been a huge pain in the ass, though. Might do the rest of them as a lot on Craigslist and take a loss... or should I keep doing them individually? I guess it's not like I'm doing anything else right now... might as well make the most I can from the whole process.

Mal Reynolds

Postby Mal Reynolds » Fri May 31, 2013 9:13 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:Today I listed 11 items on Ebay, including some of my prized comics...

It's a happy/sad day. Just getting my comics organized to sell has been a huge pain in the ass, though. Might do the rest of them as a lot on Craigslist and take a loss... or should I keep doing them individually? I guess it's not like I'm doing anything else right now... might as well make the most I can from the whole process.

Which ones do you have?

BlueJeanBaby

Postby BlueJeanBaby » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:56 am

Let him cook
Last edited by BlueJeanBaby on Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:52 am

Mal Reynolds wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote:Today I listed 11 items on Ebay, including some of my prized comics...

Which ones do you have?

Ummm... like four boxes worth? I didn't get laid much as a high schooler.

Edit: But I already moved my most valuable ones last year. Most of what I'm left with now is filler-type stuff... nothing especially valuable.

princeR

Postby princeR » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:31 am

NoodleyOne wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:

Which ones do you have?

Ummm... like four boxes worth? I didn't get laid as a high schooler.

Edit: But I already moved my most valuable ones last year. Most of what I'm left with now is filler-type stuff... nothing especially valuable.

Fixed for you :)
I only edited because I was that exact person in HS lol

JXander

Postby JXander » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:08 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:
NoodleyOne wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:Where are jxander and lawhopeful going to school? If they got to mine I'd like to know so I can withdraw.

I thought you were ready for DAT RIGOR!

Im ready but they're horrible people. I don't want to be within one hundre miles of their strivery doucheness.

;-)

Haven't decided yet. And I promise that my gunning attitude on this forum is in no way a reflection of my friendliness.

Nova

Postby Nova » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:17 pm

KD35 wrote:
AllDangle wrote:For those who did LEEWS prior to 1L: are the audio discs necessary or would reading the primer be sufficient?

And not to be a pain, I've met a few people who have just done the primer...and it is nice not having to listen to all those audio discs.

I did just the primer. My friend who did the audio said she thought the primer was enough.

shibby

Postby shibby » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:00 pm

Also doing the ebay selling off all my crap thing. Highly recommended--little effort goes a long way. Already have made like $2k.

Also:
-Lots of working out
-Relaxing/getting sun
-Spending time w/ friends and family since I may not see them for three years...

sanjola

Postby sanjola » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:11 pm

North wrote:Enjoying my last free summer for the next 40+ years and working a BS job.

+1

KD35

Postby KD35 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:52 pm

Direct quote from UG classmate of mine going to law school (Top 25 school):
Hi KD35, I am still getting tutored by the same guy who helped me with the LSAT. (He's also helping me brush up on [foreign language] on the side) but I am going to the law preview courses this summer and then also reading the hornbook series for the main classes we have to take as 1L students ><. Maybe some E&Es, and then right now I'm reading "interpreting texts" by justice Scalia, it's pretty helpful.

beepboopbeep

Postby beepboopbeep » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:18 pm

KD35 wrote:Direct quote from UG classmate of mine going to law school (Top 25 school):
Hi KD35, I am still getting tutored by the same guy who helped me with the LSAT. (He's also helping me brush up on [foreign language] on the side) but I am going to the law preview courses this summer and then also reading the hornbook series for the main classes we have to take as 1L students ><. Maybe some E&Es, and then right now I'm reading "interpreting texts" by justice Scalia, it's pretty helpful.

I feel like getting tutored would actually be pretty helpful, especially if they go to the same LS and have some insight on professors, etc. The problem comparatively with a lot of other prep seems to be that no one is around to tell you what's relevant/necessary.

lhanvt13

Postby lhanvt13 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:30 pm

Do professors usually teach the same material every year ?

BabyJT

Postby BabyJT » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:48 pm

sanjola wrote:
North wrote:Enjoying my last free summer for the next 40+ years and working a BS job.

+1

same but I wil not be working. quitting my job at the end of the month! i'll be working on getting my tolerance back up to UG levels before law school starts and visiting friends within the US.

Uncle Lou

Postby Uncle Lou » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:14 pm

I'm quitting work, probably going to Chile and Pêrü, and visiting family. And reading GTM in between other, more fun books.

ph5354a

Postby ph5354a » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:01 pm

I think someone in a different thread made a joke about reading the Art of War to prepare for law school. I've never actually read it so I'm putting that on my list.

KD35

Postby KD35 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:50 pm

lhanvt13 wrote:Do professors usually teach the same material every year ?

My guess would be relatively the same material. I know some professors teach more some years and less other years, but I think a lot of professors teach based on their personal beliefs...thus they would be unlikely to teach different material (because it'll be geared toward their personal beliefs).

lhanvt13

Postby lhanvt13 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:57 pm

KD35 wrote:
lhanvt13 wrote:Do professors usually teach the same material every year ?

My guess would be relatively the same material. I know some professors teach more some years and less other years, but I think a lot of professors teach based on their personal beliefs...thus they would be unlikely to teach different material (because it'll be geared toward their personal beliefs).

sweet

ph5354a

Postby ph5354a » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:48 pm

I know it was briefly discussed on page 5, but can someone give me a rundown (or direct me to a thread) of Circus Ponies vs. Evernote for Macs? I saw that Evernote can be used on other Apple products. How functional is in the interface for the iPad? I had a PC in undergrad and used One Note, so these products are completely foreign to me.

ph5354a

Postby ph5354a » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:02 pm

ph5354a wrote:I know it was briefly discussed on page 5, but can someone give me a rundown (or direct me to a thread) of Circus Ponies vs. Evernote for Macs? I saw that Evernote can be used on other Apple products. How functional is in the interface for the iPad? I had a PC in undergrad and used One Note, so these products are completely foreign to me.

Nevermind, I just checked out Evernote and was reading their tutorial. I realized on their sample notes, the name is listed as Tobias Funke. My decision is made.

beepboopbeep

Postby beepboopbeep » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:06 pm

ph5354a wrote:
ph5354a wrote:I know it was briefly discussed on page 5, but can someone give me a rundown (or direct me to a thread) of Circus Ponies vs. Evernote for Macs? I saw that Evernote can be used on other Apple products. How functional is in the interface for the iPad? I had a PC in undergrad and used One Note, so these products are completely foreign to me.

Nevermind, I just checked out Evernote and was reading their tutorial. I realized on their sample notes, the name is listed as Tobias Funke. My decision is made.

You're really getting anustart, ph

KD35

Postby KD35 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:16 pm

I know you already made your decision, but I really enjoyed using Evernote on my iPad in UG. It worked well for what I needed it to: Note taking.
You still have the ability to do a lot of the formatting stuff, and obviously it was very nice having it linked to all of my Apple products.

Oh and free

Return to “Law School FAQ”