question about being waitlisted? i need some advice

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
lawschoolapps111

question about being waitlisted? i need some advice

Postby lawschoolapps111 » Tue May 28, 2013 12:29 pm

In Mid-April I was placed on the Waitlist for 3 law schools, I submitted a letter of continued interest to each one and have heard back from 2 so far (both of which I was accepted into).

The law school that I am currently waiting on mentioned in their Waitlist FAQ's that "they make calls May through August. Heavy times are early to mid-June and mid to late July. The waitlist will remain open till the first day of class".

Their second deposit deadline is June 1.

On their website it is mentioned that "if you are on a waiting list and can honestly say that you will enroll if accepted, inform the admissions office of this (but don't make a pest of yourself by calling frequently to inquire about your chances)"

I have not had contact with this law school since April, should I e-mail the admissions office and ask about my chances, as well as inform them that if accepted I will attend...or was sending a letter of continued interest enough?

North

Re: question about being waitlisted? i need some advice

Postby North » Tue May 28, 2013 12:50 pm

Please don't get upset, but you need to retake the LSAT dude. Hoping for the opportunity to pay sticker at Santa Clara is not a good place to be in. Less than half of Santa Clara grads get jobs as lawyers and it costs as much to go there as it does to go to Harvard. There are few, if any, circumstances where this would be a smart investment. It's way cheaper to try harder on the LSAT.

Micdiddy

Postby Micdiddy » Wed May 29, 2013 1:58 pm

North wrote:Please don't get upset, but you need to retake the LSAT dude. Hoping for the opportunity to pay sticker at Santa Clara is not a good place to be in. Less than half of Santa Clara grads get jobs as lawyers and it costs as much to go there as it does to go to Harvard. There are few, if any, circumstances where this would be a smart investment. It's way cheaper to try harder on the LSAT.

Sweet googling North :wink:

OP, for the love of all you hold dear do not go to Santa Clara (and probably not to any of the other schools you were accepted to if you are still considering Santa Clara).
Retake the LSAT or don't go to law school, period.

eta: sweet googling or looking through OP's post history, either one would lead to Santa Clara...

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Fri May 31, 2013 9:04 am

Definitely do not attend if accepted. Focusing on the LSAT retake is pretty much all you should be doing law school application wise at this point.

Return to “Law School FAQ”