Question About Law School Transparency?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
JDot

Question About Law School Transparency?

Postby JDot » Wed May 01, 2013 8:41 am

Regarding the employment percentages....are these percentages solely based on jobs that the school has placed its graduates in or does it include the people that also found jobs on their on terms?.....also is it the employment percentage upon graduation or like 6, 9, 12, etc. months after graduation?

I did a quick search on the website to try and find the answers and came up with nothing.

Dr. Review

Re: Question About Law School Transparency?

Postby Dr. Review » Wed May 01, 2013 8:42 am

Law schools don't place you in a job, you find one. 9 months out.

JDot

Postby JDot » Wed May 01, 2013 8:52 am

Bedsole wrote:Law schools don't place you in a job, you find one. 9 months out.

True, I know they don't literally find you a job, I guess I meant some sort of assistance and I'm aware that's probably minimal at best.

reasonable_man

Postby reasonable_man » Wed May 01, 2013 9:05 am

JDot wrote:
Bedsole wrote:Law schools don't place you in a job, you find one. 9 months out.

True, I know they don't literally find you a job, I guess I meant some sort of assistance and I'm aware that's probably minimal at best.

Minimal at best... Going to assume not much has changed since 2008 when I graduated - Law Schools do absolutely nothing to assist you in finding a job, with the exception of OCI, which is a joke anywhere but at the top schools. So in short, especially at lesser schools, the LST number is based on the hard labor of graduates doing whatever is necessary to obtain a job. I believe the statistics focus on 9 months (cause whats more than half a year worth of unemployment following 3 years of no-income or substantially diminished income).

jenesaislaw

Postby jenesaislaw » Wed May 01, 2013 4:26 pm

JDot wrote:Regarding the employment percentages....are these percentages solely based on jobs that the school has placed its graduates in or does it include the people that also found jobs on their on terms?.....also is it the employment percentage upon graduation or like 6, 9, 12, etc. months after graduation?

I did a quick search on the website to try and find the answers and came up with nothing.

* 9 months
* They are job outcomes, regardless of how they found the job.

Return to “Law School FAQ”