ABA Law School Data from LSAC

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)

ABA Law School Data from LSAC

Postby glaciate » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:17 pm

I searched for an answer to this question, but I wasn't having much luck. I apologize if the answer is obvious or I missed it.

I was looking at the ABA law school data provided on LSAC for each school. I noticed that a school I was accepted to is listed as having several students attending on more than a full tuition scholarship. I was wondering if the scholarships included to determine this are only merit/need-based aid provided by the school itself, or if outside scholarships are included in this data?

Basically, I am asking because I received a full tuition scholarship to a T1 school, and in the letter that informed me of the scholarship, it mentioned that the scholarship was the highest award that the school gives to incoming students. I was wondering if it would be in poor taste to ask the school if they offer stipends for living expenses, and if I would qualify for a stipend, or if I should assume that since they mentioned that the scholarship offer is the highest award offered by the school, I should not even bother. Thank you for any info you can provide.

Return to “Law School FAQ”