Feeling slightly anxious about taking the October LSAT...

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
cam5182

Feeling slightly anxious about taking the October LSAT...

Postby cam5182 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:15 pm

This week, I started to study for the October LSAT. I'll be applying to schools this fall. October is a great fit for me as I'll have six months to prepare, but I am very worried about what will happen if I don't get my target score the first time around. Say I don't. I'll then re-take in December, and those scores will be available in January--perhaps foolishly late for rolling admission.

Should I be concerned at all? How much will I be hurting myself if I re-take, get a higher score in December, and send it in late? Deep down, I know the answer is to shut up and study. But the question has been bothering me, so I'd really appreciate some wisdom. Thank you for helping me out here.

jselson

Re: Feeling slightly anxious about taking the October LSAT...

Postby jselson » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:21 pm

A higher LSAT score is worth applying later. But getting a great October LSAT score and applying earlier is the best option. You have half a year - study your heart out and kill it!

North

Re: Feeling slightly anxious about taking the October LSAT...

Postby North » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:53 pm

cam5182 wrote:This week, I started to study for the October LSAT. I'll be applying to schools this fall. October is a great fit for me as I'll have six months to prepare, but I am very worried about what will happen if I don't get my target score the first time around. Say I don't. I'll then re-take in December, and those scores will be available in January--perhaps foolishly late for rolling admission.

Should I be concerned at all? How much will I be hurting myself if I re-take, get a higher score in December, and send it in late? Deep down, I know the answer is to shut up and study. But the question has been bothering me, so I'd really appreciate some wisdom. Thank you for helping me out here.

Your worst case scenario was my cycle this year. Worked out great for me. TCR is to shut up and study, brother. 170+ or bust.

Return to “Law School FAQ”