Law School Transparency

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
ArchieHicox

Law School Transparency

Postby ArchieHicox » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:46 am

Just a simple question, does LST score... the % that we see factor in quality of employment. Beyond just full-time JD-Required? Is a job at a large firm = to a job at a 2-10 associate firm for the purposes of the employment %?

rad lulz

Re: Law School Transparency

Postby rad lulz » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:09 am

ha-ri wrote:Is a job at a large firm = to a job at a 2-10 associate firm for the purposes of the employment %?

yes

But they have large firm scores and other stuff so go look at that too

guano

Postby guano » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:11 am

Remember that LST is a rough tool, lumping in shitty and undesirable jobs (eg 2-10 firms) while excluding highly coveted positions (consulting, Ibanking, state department JD preferred, etc)

It is useful, but realize that it skews down for top schools and skews up for crappy schools.
It's a starting point for research, not an end point

ArchieHicox

Postby ArchieHicox » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:32 pm

Yeah, I have my own spreadsheets with the ABA data for the schools I am looking at. Its just easier to use LST to grab a quick snapshot of how a school I'm not familiar is doing. I just see people a lot of the times recommend a lower school based off LST, and that doesn't seem to make sense. Random schools kill it on LST %... cough, LSU / WVU... that aren't all that great of schools for quality employment. I don't see people making that distinction here often in terms of advice.

Return to “Law School FAQ”