Unable to take LSAT in June because of Finals

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
ignitionday

Unable to take LSAT in June because of Finals

Postby ignitionday » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:11 am

Hello everyone, I'm a 3rd year hoping to apply this Fall. Sadly, I just realized the June LSAT test date falls on finals day. I'll be taking two finals on June 10th...I have never taken the LSAT as of yet and am wondering if that will put me at a disadvantage? I guess I'll have just one shot in October but are December scores also seen by Law Schools?

Thanks for your time everyone.

Richie Tenenbaum

Re: Unable to take LSAT in June because of Finals

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:19 am

Is it possible to get your finals moved, preferably to the day or two after the June LSAT? You should talk with an academic adviser and see if this is a possibility. I would imagine schools would allow some flexibility.

That said, if you think your finals will significantly mess with how you'll do on the June LSAT, it might be worth it to just wait until Oct. December is still okay, but you will probably be hurting yourself at that point b/c of rolling admission (though it's still worth it if it means adding at least 2-3 points to your score).

Tekrul

Postby Tekrul » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:23 am

If your school won't make an exception for you and move your final date, then the October LSAT is not as bad as jeopardizing your score by taking the LSAT under high stress and fatigue.

The October LSAT is accepted for even ED at schools. But just because your LSAT comes in then doesn't mean the rest of your app should. You should have app materials waiting in their doorstep on Day 1 with fifteen re-deliver stamps on it.

ignitionday

Postby ignitionday » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:17 am

Thanks a lot everyone!

Return to “Law School FAQ”