Has anyone ever had their admission offer withdrawn?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
fbmelms

Has anyone ever had their admission offer withdrawn?

Postby fbmelms » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:24 pm

Has anyone ever heard of this occurring?

PickMe!

Re: Has anyone ever had their admission offer withdrawn?

Postby PickMe! » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:32 pm

Lol (raises hand). I was told by a school, rather recently, if I did not respond to their email within 72 hours, my admissions would be *clears throat* forfeited to someone else. I think they wanted a seat deposit.

ManOfTheMinute

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:35 pm

PickMe! wrote:Lol (raises hand). I was told by a school, rather recently, if I did not respond to their email within 72 hours, my admissions would be *clears throat* forfeited to someone else. I think they wanted a seat deposit.

Any reason in particular this happened?

fbmelms

Postby fbmelms » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:37 pm

I was more curious about losing your seat because of grades or behavior. I've gotten some emails telling me I'd lose my seat if I didn't pay a deposit too.

nickb285

Postby nickb285 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:36 pm

I've heard of it happening because a guy lied about other scholarship offers in an attempt to negotiate with a school; they called the other schools, found out he lied, and all of them rescinded their admissions offers.

PickMe!

Postby PickMe! » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:54 pm

ManOfTheMinute wrote:
PickMe! wrote:Lol (raises hand). I was told by a school, rather recently, if I did not respond to their email within 72 hours, my admissions would be *clears throat* forfeited to someone else. I think they wanted a seat deposit.

Any reason in particular this happened?

They wanted me to commit.

WisemanAEKDB

Postby WisemanAEKDB » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:05 pm

nickb285 wrote:I've heard of it happening because a guy lied about other scholarship offers in an attempt to negotiate with a school; they called the other schools, found out he lied, and all of them rescinded their admissions offers.

lol was this this guy who got a 180 and it was made into a big deal? he ended up in huge trouble for that...
Last edited by WisemanAEKDB on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moonman157

Postby moonman157 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:09 pm

I've heard it can happen to people who ED to multiple schools

star fox

Postby star fox » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:04 pm

Two: whatever you do, don’t lie. Here’s another aphorism: Honesty really is the best policy. What I’ve described is a pretty clear-cut case of deliberate misrepresentation, and in the absence of some astonishing explanation, I am compelled to report the candidate to the Law School Admissions Council for misconduct in the admissions process.

Just don't complain when your Law School lies to you about the employment outcome of their graduates. That's just the way the game works and you lost, sucker.

:roll:

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:11 am

Pics or it didn't happen

Return to “Law School FAQ”