question about the application review process?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
lawschoolapps111

question about the application review process?

Postby lawschoolapps111 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:02 pm

hopefully some of you may be able to shed some light on this.

I have applied to two law schools so far. The school that I have yet to hear from mentions that my application is "In Committee Review" , while the school that i was rejected to today went from "application received" to "decision sent".

What does "in committee review" mean? I am confused as to why the school that rejected me didn't show that it went through a "committee review".

sinfiery

Re: question about the application review process?

Postby sinfiery » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:13 pm

each school has their own distinct admissions process

just because one school has an "In committee review" as part of their process doesn't mean any other school necessarily does.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:16 pm

Schools vary in what stages they show you (although they're probably all going through similar stages behind the scenes). Some school never show a status after "complete." Some show "submitted, complete, under review, committee review, decision sent." Some show something in between. It means nothing.

SPerez

Postby SPerez » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:58 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:Schools vary in what stages they show you (although they're probably all going through similar stages behind the scenes). Some school never show a status after "complete." Some show "submitted, complete, under review, committee review, decision sent." Some show something in between. It means nothing.

TITCR

Dean Perez
Texas Tech School of Law

Return to “Law School FAQ”