Intent to Transfer

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Stanley!

Intent to Transfer

Postby Stanley! » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:57 pm

I have been accepted at numerous tier-4 law schools, I did not gain any offers from upper level law schools because of my crappy LSAT score. I intend to transfer after my first year if I make the grades. I realize that I cannot ask this question on the TRANSFER forum because I have not actually attended law school as of yet, what are the chances of being accepted at a tier-1 or tier-2 law school if I am able to earn a spot among the top five students in my class.

The schools that I would like to transfer to are:

Washington & Lee
Wake Forest
Richmond

cinephile

Re: Intent to Transfer

Postby cinephile » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:01 pm

It's not going to happen.

Do NOT go to law school with the intention to transfer.

Retake the LSAT.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:02 pm

Yeah dog, just plan on being in like the top 5 students. It's only arrogant to plan to be #1.

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:04 pm

Don't listen to these h8ers. If you work hard, you'll definitely be #1. They'll probably even make up an award to accommodate your massive awesomeness.

eric922

Postby eric922 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:34 am

If you can't do well on the LSAT to get into a decent school what makes you think you'll be high enough in your class to transfer to one. Going from a T4 school to the ones you mentioned will likely require you to be at the top of your class. Retake the LSAT!

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:00 am

This is gonna be good :lol:

quiver

Postby quiver » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:23 pm

cinephile wrote:Do NOT go to law school with the intention to transfer.
This. Sorry, OP, but the odds are massively stacked against you. Transferring should not even be a possibility in your mind. Moreover, even if you finished high enough to transfer to the schools you listed, it might not even be worth it (depending on a lot of factors). Your best option is to retake the LSAT; you cannot retake your law school exams if they don't go well.

eric922 wrote:If you can't do well on the LSAT to get into a decent school what makes you think you'll be high enough in your class to transfer to one.
I'll accept this line insofar as it's saying that you cannot expect to finish at the top of your class.

Brixton

Postby Brixton » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:25 pm

It is probably a bigger gamble to place in the top __% of your law school class than it is to retake the LSAT and get a score that is good enough to get into a tier 1 law school. I'm sure you want to start law school right now, but patience is probably needed here. Retake the LSAT and try for a better school.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:31 pm

Brixton wrote:It is probably absolutely, unquestionably a bigger gamble to place in the top __% of your law school class than it is to retake the LSAT and get a score that is good enough to get into a tier 1 law school. I'm sure you want to start law school right now, but patience is probably needed here. Retake the LSAT and try for a better school.

Return to “Law School FAQ”