stupid question... why the secrecy regarding identity?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
alwayssunnyinfl

Re: stupid question... why the secrecy regarding identity?

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:42 pm

presh wrote:Well that is just silly. There is never going to be a definitive answer unless an adcom posts on here about rejecting someone based on TLS posting. Everyone just has to decide what level of risk they want to take regarding the information they share.

Or you megapoast until any posts with personally identifiable info are buried. :lol:

Seems to work well.

tony2167

Postby tony2167 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:56 pm

guano wrote:actually, I was identified by the adcoms at one school I applied to and the person who told me discussed that they do take what is said online into consideration

Just like they "consider" all the soft factors in your application. I maintain that all they really care about is GPA and LSAT. Even if you're an insufferable asshole they'll gladly collect 3 years of tuition from you, especially if you're an asshole with good numbers they can report to US News. Let's not act like law school admissions are holistic enough to give any real credence to your online persona.

Dr. Dre

Postby Dr. Dre » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:07 pm

LOL

I wonder what would happen if I apply to UC Irvine and they discover who I really am. I guess they'll be receiving an application from me this October 8)

Varys

Postby Varys » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:51 pm

Why do I need to be careful about my identity? Because I'm kind of a big deal. At least my cat thinks so.

Return to “Law School FAQ”