Northwestern and Others Cutting Incoming Class Sizes

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
scifiguy

Northwestern and Others Cutting Incoming Class Sizes

Postby scifiguy » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:43 pm

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 84144.html

Northwestern University School of Law, one of the country's top law schools, said it will reduce the size of its incoming class by about 10%, citing declining applications and a "shakeout" in the market for legal jobs.

The admissions cuts, announced Monday, will leave room for about 20 to 25 fewer students in the class entering the school this fall...

Since the financial meltdown of 2008 and resulting economic recession, dozens of law schools, including those at George Washington University, in Washington; University of California's Hastings College of the Law, based in San Francisco; and Creighton University in Omaha, Neb., have announced smaller class sizes. A survey conducted last summer by Kaplan Test Prep found that 51% of U.S. law schools had cut their admissions. The study didn't identify the schools that made cuts.

Change is slow, but still good news.

I would, however, probably rather see Tier 4 type law schools close or cut admissions than the T14.

LRGhost

Re: Northwestern and Others Cutting Incoming Class Sizes

Postby LRGhost » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:57 pm

scifiguy wrote:I would, however, probably rather see Tier 4 type law schools close or cut admissions than the T14.

Same, but I'm admittedly biased :(

spleenworship

Re: Northwestern and Others Cutting Incoming Class Sizes

Postby spleenworship » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:05 pm

Anyone who cuts class sizes is doing your classes a favor.

I wish they'd cut the year I entered. Oh well.

Be glad that less lawyers are coming out to compete with you, no matter who is doing the cutting.

Return to “Law School FAQ”