Will w's hurt me?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
gnomgnomuch

Will w's hurt me?

Postby gnomgnomuch » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:00 am

Right now i have a GPA that is just under a 3.5... i have 3 semesters to bring it up and im positive i can get it to around a 3.7 (if anything i will postpone applying by a year, to ensure my GPA is where i want it to be). This semester i decided to take 5 classes, 4 major courses and italian. I bit off a bit more than i can chew. 5 classes and 3 part time jobs later im staring at a B/B+ in italian, and my grade is only gonna slip from here since i have neither the time, nor the inclination to continue studying italian. Im also averaging around an A-/A in my other four classes. Im now seriously debating dropping Italian and taking that W.

I have one W already, so will this second one hurt me, will it even be a factor in admissions.... im nervous because i dont want my grades to slip because of italian, though i also dont want to see adcoms look at my transcript and see W's and have that negatively effect their view off me.

Any input would be appreciated!
Also this, and the previous W do not factor into the LSAC gpa (if thats a factor)

thelawyler

Re: Will w's hurt me?

Postby thelawyler » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:03 am

I had a W and a lower GPA than yours. I got into most of the t14. You'll be fine. Just ace the LSAT.

Dany

Postby Dany » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:04 am

No. I had like 5 or 6 and I got into the schools my LSAT and GPA predicted I would. Two is not an issue.

gnomgnomuch

Postby gnomgnomuch » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:30 am

thelawyler wrote:I had a W and a lower GPA than yours. I got into most of the t14. You'll be fine. Just ace the LSAT.

easier said than done, but thanks that takes a load off my mind.... incidentally would you mind pm'ing me your numbers and acceptances?

John_rizzy_rawls

Postby John_rizzy_rawls » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:38 am

No one cares unless they're very excessive.

Return to “Law School FAQ”