Waitlist Rules

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
amsong

Waitlist Rules

Postby amsong » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:13 pm

I did a search for this, but turned up nothing, so please feel free to redirect me if I missed it.

Is it permitted to begin classes at one institution, only to withdraw if perchance a different school pulls me off their waitlist? Or will I have to withdraw from all other waitlists upon paying tuition/starting classes?

Thank you.

wannabelawstudent

Re: Waitlist Rules

Postby wannabelawstudent » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:19 pm

amsong wrote:I did a search for this, but turned up nothing, so please feel free to redirect me if I missed it.

Is it permitted to begin classes at one institution, only to withdraw if perchance a different school pulls me off their waitlist? Or will I have to withdraw from all other waitlists upon paying tuition/starting classes?

Thank you.

I assume you're meaning if you start in the summer at one, but one you're waiting on for a fall start takes you off the waitlist. I'm in a similar situation. (This is not the right forum).

amsong

Postby amsong » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:21 pm

Yes, that's what I meant. Could you point me in the right direction? I hate to clutter this place up if it's not the right channel.

Icculus

Postby Icculus » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:23 pm

amsong wrote:I did a search for this, but turned up nothing, so please feel free to redirect me if I missed it.

Thank you.

A friend of mine was enrolled at School X last year, began attedning classes, was pulled off the WL at school Y the day classes started, withdrew from X and attended Y. Not sure how much of a hit he took from tuition from the first school.

amsong

Postby amsong » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:26 pm

Icculus wrote:

Thank you.

A friend of mine was enrolled at School X last year, began attedning classes, was pulled off the WL at school Y the day classes started, withdrew from X and attended Y. Not sure how much of a hit he took from tuition from the first school.

Thanks! So it's just a serious hit in $$$, and nothing unethical or disallowed?

bk1

Postby bk1 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:31 pm

Moved to more appropriate forum.

Icculus

Postby Icculus » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:33 pm

amsong wrote:
Icculus wrote:

Thank you.

Thanks! So it's just a serious hit in $$$, and nothing unethical or disallowed?

Not that I know of. But you would want to read whatever paperwork you sign and make sure there is nothing in there that would prevent this.

amsong

Postby amsong » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:34 pm

bk1 wrote:Moved to more appropriate forum.

Thank you! Sorry about that.

wannabelawstudent

Postby wannabelawstudent » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:52 am

Maybe your best bet is to call the school you're waitlisted at, as well as read the rules regarding withdrawing from the one that starts kn the summer.(for example some say 100% tuition refunded if you withdraw the first week).

To the guy with the friend. How'd he handle moving and starting law school oats. Was he super behind?

Icculus

Postby Icculus » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:38 am

wannabelawstudent wrote:Maybe your best bet is to call the school you're waitlisted at, as well as read the rules regarding withdrawing from the one that starts kn the summer.(for example some say 100% tuition refunded if you withdraw the first week).

To the guy with the friend. How'd he handle moving and starting law school oats. Was he super behind?

He ended up fine. He grew up where school Y was located so he moved in with his parents and he made the first day of classes. Pretty sure it was totally worth it for him.

Return to “Law School FAQ”