A Job prospects that bad for T1 schools?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
User avatar
Poo-T
Posts: 266
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:32 am

A Job prospects that bad for T1 schools?

Postby Poo-T » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:37 am

I know the market is bad, but how bad is it when you narrow the scope to just the top 50 law schools? I would think they are certainly better off than those who graduate from Cooley and stuff like that.

User avatar
StylinNProfilin
Posts: 405
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: A Job prospects that bad for T1 schools?

Postby StylinNProfilin » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:39 am

Depends on the school..for example American is god awful

User avatar
Poo-T
Posts: 266
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:32 am

Re: A Job prospects that bad for T1 schools?

Postby Poo-T » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:41 am

StylinNProfilin wrote:Depends on the school..for example American is god awful

Ok, well I got into Wake. Are they god-awful?

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: A Job prospects that bad for T1 schools?

Postby WhiteyCakes » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:43 am



User avatar
JamesDean1955
Posts: 744
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Re: A Job prospects that bad for T1 schools?

Postby JamesDean1955 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:46 am

Oh for God sakes, not another one of these threads (i.e. with a clueless 0L too lazy to use the search function, and the TLS parrots coming in with their LST links).

User avatar
Poo-T
Posts: 266
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:32 am

Re: A Job prospects that bad for T1 schools?

Postby Poo-T » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:48 am

nickb285 wrote:http://www.lstscorereports.com/?r=schools

http://www.lstscorereports.com/?school=wake

54% isn't too good is it?

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: A Job prospects that bad for T1 schools?

Postby rad lulz » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:06 pm

Poo-T wrote:
nickb285 wrote:http://www.lstscorereports.com/?r=schools

http://www.lstscorereports.com/?school=wake

54% isn't too good is it?

No.

grapefruits
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:13 pm

Re: A Job prospects that bad for T1 schools?

Postby grapefruits » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:07 pm

How have you used this site long enough to post over 300 times, and at the same time, not only not have an answer to this question, but think it was worth your while to actually ask it? Don't go to law school, you aren't going to do good there.

User avatar
Poo-T
Posts: 266
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:32 am

Re: A Job prospects that bad for T1 schools?

Postby Poo-T » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:16 pm

grapefruits wrote:How have you used this site long enough to post over 300 times, and at the same time, not only not have an answer to this question, but think it was worth your while to actually ask it? Don't go to law school, you aren't going to do good there.

shitposting
shitposting
lol

grapefruits
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:13 pm

Re: A Job prospects that bad for T1 schools?

Postby grapefruits » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:19 pm

Poo-T wrote:
grapefruits wrote:How have you used this site long enough to post over 300 times, and at the same time, not only not have an answer to this question, but think it was worth your while to actually ask it? Don't go to law school, you aren't going to do good there.

shitposting
shitposting
lol


Enjoy Wake, loser.

User avatar
Poo-T
Posts: 266
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:32 am

Re: A Job prospects that bad for T1 schools?

Postby Poo-T » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:20 pm

grapefruits wrote:
Poo-T wrote:
grapefruits wrote:How have you used this site long enough to post over 300 times, and at the same time, not only not have an answer to this question, but think it was worth your while to actually ask it? Don't go to law school, you aren't going to do good there.

shitposting
shitposting
lol


Enjoy Wake, loser.

I will, thank you very much.

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: A Job prospects that bad for T1 schools?

Postby WhiteyCakes » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:28 pm

grapefruits wrote:
Poo-T wrote:
grapefruits wrote:How have you used this site long enough to post over 300 times, and at the same time, not only not have an answer to this question, but think it was worth your while to actually ask it? Don't go to law school, you aren't going to do good there.

shitposting
shitposting
lol


Enjoy Wake, loser.


Douchebag

fallingup
Posts: 481
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:34 pm

Re: A Job prospects that bad for T1 schools?

Postby fallingup » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:42 pm

What is wrong with people? I really do not understand the sense of ownership and territoriality some users have over this site. It's an anonymous forum, not "your" table at the cafeteria.

OP, what kind of job are you hoping to get? Where do you want to practice?

User avatar
Poo-T
Posts: 266
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:32 am

Re: A Job prospects that bad for T1 schools?

Postby Poo-T » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:49 pm

fallingup wrote:What is wrong with people? I really do not understand the sense of ownership and territoriality some users have over this site. It's an anonymous forum, not "your" table at the cafeteria.

OP, what kind of job are you hoping to get? Where do you want to practice?

Thanks for the kind words. I'm sorry grapefruit for my childish behavior. Let us be bros.

I live in NC and I want to practice in NC, maybe a moderate city like Raleigh. Luckily I actually have some relatives who are very successful as trial litigators, and they are interested in helping me in my job pursuit. For the most part, I'm looking for a private sector job in criminal law. I think as far as my regional goals are concerned I feel like Wake fits the bill, but I could be wrong.

Also, Wake is offering a full-tuition scholarship, so it would be nice to have little debt.

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: A Job prospects that bad for T1 schools?

Postby WhiteyCakes » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:55 pm

So you're looking at opportunity cost + COL for a 54% chance of getting a legal job. Tough call

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: A Job prospects that bad for T1 schools?

Postby Crowing » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:43 pm

What about UNC? Did you apply?

User avatar
Poo-T
Posts: 266
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:32 am

Re: A Job prospects that bad for T1 schools?

Postby Poo-T » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:48 pm

Crowing wrote:What about UNC? Did you apply?

No, for personal reasons. I go to UNC now and I don't want to stay here Chapel Hill.

User avatar
star fox
Posts: 13806
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:13 pm

Re: A Job prospects that bad for T1 schools?

Postby star fox » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:56 pm

With a full scholarship it's not too bad.. Still a gamble definitely.. Do you have any technical skills that could get you a job in a different field or are you another pre-law with a BS major that won't get you a job outside of retail?

User avatar
TheThriller
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Re: A Job prospects that bad for T1 schools?

Postby TheThriller » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:59 pm

from another post it seems like you have a 170. You should have other options besides WF

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: A Job prospects that bad for T1 schools?

Postby Crowing » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:01 pm

Poo-T wrote:
Crowing wrote:What about UNC? Did you apply?

No, for personal reasons. I go to UNC now and I don't want to stay here Chapel Hill.


Too bad cuz it does look better than Wake on LST. I'm guessing Duke is not an option either?

User avatar
Poo-T
Posts: 266
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:32 am

Re: A Job prospects that bad for T1 schools?

Postby Poo-T » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:02 pm

Duke is an option, but I they haven't started reviewing my application yet.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: A Job prospects that bad for T1 schools?

Postby Bildungsroman » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:06 pm

It's shit all over, and if you go someplace like Wake nobody will feel bad for you if it ends in financial ruin for you because it's such an obviously terrible bet.

User avatar
BruceWayne
Posts: 2032
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:36 pm

Re: A Job prospects that bad for T1 schools?

Postby BruceWayne » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:09 pm

Archer's right. It's not even good here in the top 10.

User avatar
Poo-T
Posts: 266
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:32 am

Re: A Job prospects that bad for T1 schools?

Postby Poo-T » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:10 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:It's shit all over, and if you go someplace like Wake nobody will feel bad for you if it ends in financial ruin for you because it's such an obviously terrible bet.

For some reason I'm just not convinced that it's "shit all over". Why exactly is it so bad?




Return to “Law School FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests