Employment and LS course concentration

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
grapefruits

Employment and LS course concentration

Postby grapefruits » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:07 pm

Disclaimer: Ignorant 0L

The entire reason I wanted to become an attorney in the first place was to work in government. To that end, I think in LS I will probably concentrate my studies in Admin. Law. Does anyone know for sure if this will put me at a disadvantage if I decide later that I'd rather work in Corporate Law? Can I offset my course of study by working for a firm during the summer/what if I don't work in a firm at all?

tl;dr Does LS course concentration have any affect on employability throughout various sectors of the law?

Also, I'm really good at guessing and making things up. If you don't actually know, then please don't guess/make something up and post it here.

Thanks.

fatduck

Re: Employment and LS course concentration

Postby fatduck » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:08 pm

grapefruits wrote:tl;dr Does LS course concentration have any affect on employability throughout various sectors of the law?

nah

cinephile

Re: Employment and LS course concentration

Postby cinephile » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:12 pm

Why would you concentrate in Admin? I'm pretty sure at my school there's just the one course.

I don't think what you take affects your employability, but I got a talking to from an administrator for taking all fluff classes (sexuality and the law, sex and the law, feminism and the law, etc.). They couldn't persuade me to change my choices, but it's annoying to have to justify yourself to someone who can't comprehend why you're doing what you're doing.

Return to “Law School FAQ”