Online UG - Disadvantaged? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
HelenOmbre

New

Online UG - Disadvantaged?

Post by HelenOmbre » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:55 am

Hello folks!
I'm a junior in college, however, due to some family business problems I'm completing my BS online. The school is regionally accredited and also has a campus ( I attended it during my freshman year), and since I got a scholarship I don't want to transfer somewhere else. I know this question has been asked a thousand times but I am unsure about the answer.
Will Adcomms look down upon my degree? How much will this effect my chances for admission? My goal is T14.

Thanks!
-H

DportIA

Bronze

Re: Online UG - Disadvantaged?

Post by DportIA » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:06 pm

If the USNWR doesn't care... the school won't. GPA is a GPA in the admission folks' eyes, unless you're looking at HYS, etc. I would logically assume they might care. I don't know what range of schools you're looking at. I am at Iowa, we have one online degree student in our 1L class. FWIW, I am pretty sure she is top third of the class.

Could you turn the whole "reason why I got an online degree" into a compelling personal statement? Silver lining....

TripTrip

Gold

Post by TripTrip » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:07 pm

HelenOmbre wrote:The school is regionally accredited and also has a campus
As long as it's also regular accredited, you're fine.

It's not like your degree is going to say "online student" anyway. Even if it did, law schools probably wouldn't care.

North

Gold

Post by North » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:09 pm

HelenOmbre wrote:Hello folks!
I'm a junior in college, however, due to some family business problems I'm completing my BS online. The school is regionally accredited and also has a campus ( I attended it during my freshman year), and since I got a scholarship I don't want to transfer somewhere else. I know this question has been asked a thousand times but I am unsure about the answer.
Will Adcomms look down upon my degree? How much will this effect my chances for admission? My goal is T14.

Thanks!
-H
It won't matter. Beyond that, if your UG has a campus, they probably won't be able to tell the difference anyway. I doubt it's mentioned anywhere on your transcript.

Get as close to a 4.0 as possible if you want T14. Start prepping for the LSAT here.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”