GPA when applying to schools

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
ricekrispies

GPA when applying to schools

Postby ricekrispies » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:05 pm

If I am going to be applying to schools in fall of my Senior year, do schools look at my GPA following my application submission? Like, if I raise my GPA my senior year following my submission of my application, do schools see that and take that into account? Or is the GPA only from Frosh-Jr year?

JXander

Re: GPA when applying to schools

Postby JXander » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:11 pm

ricekrispies wrote:If I am going to be applying to schools in fall of my Senior year, do schools look at my GPA following my application submission? Like, if I raise my GPA my senior year following my submission of my application, do schools see that and take that into account? Or is the GPA only from Frosh-Jr year?

It depends on the school and when you apply. Emory takes forever to review applications, so they can probably take an updated transcript into account. Other schools may reject/accept you before you have a chance.

From what I understand and have researched, an updated transcript following your final semester really does not make that much of a difference.

ricekrispies

Re: GPA when applying to schools

Postby ricekrispies » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:26 pm

JXander wrote:
ricekrispies wrote:If I am going to be applying to schools in fall of my Senior year, do schools look at my GPA following my application submission? Like, if I raise my GPA my senior year following my submission of my application, do schools see that and take that into account? Or is the GPA only from Frosh-Jr year?

It depends on the school and when you apply. Emory takes forever to review applications, so they can probably take an updated transcript into account. Other schools may reject/accept you before you have a chance.

From what I understand and have researched, an updated transcript following your final semester really does not make that much of a difference.

I gotcha. That is severely disappointing. I am probably going to have ~3.3 by the end of my Junior year but could get it up to ~3.5 by the end of my senior year. Thanks for the response!

Return to “Law School FAQ”